OP Offline
Columnist
A
Here we go again!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hmmm... I know I'm not going to do so well this time around. Do I get a bonus point for being first to answer? No? I didn't think so... wink

B

E

S

T

C

O

M

E

D

Y

L

O

L

L

O

L

L

O

L

From quotes:
1 ?
2 ?
3 "To Catch a Thief," by Mary Potts (AKA Queen of the Capes)
4 I remember the story -- the speaker is Cat. Just don't recall the title and author. Perhaps "Desperate Times" by Bakasi?
5 ?
6 "The E in Clark," by Richard Frantz, Jr.
7 "When Muses Go Bad," by Terry Leatherwood
8 ?
9 Or maybe this one is "Desperate Times," by Bakasi? Again, I remember having read it and I remember the punch line, but I can't place author and title.
10 "Rocks, Rings, and Hammers," by ML Thompson

From excerpts (omitted questions are ones the answers of which I am not changing from the quotes) :
1 "Planet!" by Terry Leatherwood (Hmmm... I had been pretty sure about the answers to both this question and #7, but since a given author's works are only used once per quiz, I obviously have at least one of them wrong...)
2 "Fighting Dirty," by anonpip
5 "Eye in the Sky" by Saori Tanaka
8 I BR-ed this one. I should have recognized it from the quote. Sorry Joan Powers for not recognizing "Go for the Brass Ring" earlier!

I suspect that with this quiz, I have lost some of the ground I had gained in the running total. Oh, well. It was still fun!

Joy,
Lynn

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since I don't write comedy, I won't even be getting the shiny recognized-own-story sticker, but ... why not?

B

E

S

T

C

O

M

E

D

Y

L

O

L

L

O

L

L

O

L

1. Terry Leatherwood's "Planet!"
2. Hmm. From the quote it sounded like "Planet" again, but since it can't be... no clue. grumble
Aha! It wasn't on the main Kerth list... it's "Go for the Brass Ring" by SciFi Joan.
9. ?
10. Yes! I know this one. ML Thompson's "Rocks, Rings & Hammers."

Well, it may not be very impressive, but I did have fun. Nice quiz.

B

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee hee! I love the comedy! (Too bad that my answers will be funny... and short... and mostly not there.) But here's my best guess! Once again, I used both excerpts and longer quotes to make these guesses.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

1. Alas, I don't remember.

2. "Fighting Dirty" by anonpip. Lois mud-wrestling is an unforgettable image.

3. The hilarious "To Catch A Thief" by Mary Potts, aka Queen of the Capes.

4. "Meow-ch!" by gr8shadesofelvis - Lois has to bail Cat Grant out of jail.

5. "Eye in the Sky" by Saori Tanaka

6. I should know this one... I remember about the misspelling... it just won't come to me.

7. "When Muses Go Bad" by Terry Leatherwood. Definitely an original.

8. Shoot! Another that I sort of remember... Lois is in a support group and it's funny.

9. "Desperate Times" by bakasi

10. "Rocks, Rings, and Hammers" by ML Thompson.

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
So currently I'm in last place. I have a slight suspicion that I'm going to stay there, but let's have a go at this here quiz anyway.

B

E

S

T

C

O

M

E

D

Y

L

O

L

L

O

L

L

O

L

Quote #1: ?
Quote #2: ?
Quote #3: ?
Quote #4: ?
Quote #5: ?
Quote #6: Oh, is that 'The E in Clark' by Richard Frantz Jr?
Quote #7: ?
Quote #8: ?
Quote #9: ?
Quote #10: ?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1: ?
Excerpt #2: ?
Excerpt #3: ?
Excerpt #4: - Meow-ch by gr8shadesofelvis?
Excerpt #5: ?
Excerpt #6: Yeah, I'm sticking with my previous guess.
Excerpt #7: ?
Excerpt #8: ?
Excerpt #9: ?
Excerpt #10: ?

Did well there, didn't I? blush But did I do well enough to stay in last place... laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay, another Kerth quiz!!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Just from the quotes...
1. Jimmy's crazy dream sequence from 'Planet!' by Terry Leatherwood

2. hmm... not sure

3. 'To catch a thief' by Queen of Capes. cute fic smile

4. Hmm... sounds like 'Green-eyed Mad Dog'? by Queen of Aces

5. not ringing any bells...

6. hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let’s see… smile
E

S

T

C

O

M

E

D

Y

L

O

L

L

O

L

L

O

L

Spoiler space for today’s active topics. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer pellentesque metus nec arcu imperdiet sit amet laoreet augue egestas. Etiam vestibulum semper blandit.

Quotes:
1. confused Well, now that’s a great start, isn’t it?

2. Took me a moment, but the easy blonde just wouldn’t let go. That’s just after the first mud ball in Fighting Dirty by Nancy. /mutters about having had to better recognize it since I got a mention in the A/N. /

3. That’s the one where burglar tries to repeatedly rob Superman’s home. So… /takes out spreadsheet of wisdom/ To Catch A Thief by Queenie.

4. The story with Cat getting arrested for solicitation. Bailed out by Lois. And right back to getting charged for hooking. But since you expressly ask for a title… Meow-ch! by gr8ShadesofElvis

5. The Eye in the Sky laugh by… Saori Tanaka

6. The one with Clarke Kent. “The E in Clarke.” by Richard Frantz, Jr

7. That’s Polly. Or was it Trope? Either way, that’s When Muses Go Bad by Terry.

8. Okay… that one’s a dud. *sigh*

9. Tempus stranding in our world. But what’s the name of the game? I think it’s The Birthday Surprise by Lynn. Herb’s birthday, to be precise.

10. The title requires another roundtrip to Excel, but that’s the one where MLT has Lois catch Clark and another woman ch-anting when she gets home. Rocks, Rings and Hammers.

So, what about the excerpts?

1. Still a dud. But since there’s a reference to German in the quote, could it be Bakasi’s Desperate Times?

8. The Superman Support Group! But what’s the title? Go For The Brass Ring by Joan Powers, because I can’t put a story to the title? And I remember it’s a recent one.

Waddayaknow. Comedy really was fun clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard