Next up! Kerth Quiz #2 - Best WAFFy (1-50k).

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best WAFFy, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here.

Please post your answers here.

And yes, there are still categories available if you'd like to stretch your diabolical quiz making muscles and unleash your mastery of fanfic trivia on the unsuspecting FoLCs. Or if you just want to help, that's cool too.

Have fun!

B

E

S

T

W

A

F

F

Y

P

L

U

S

M

O

R

E

S

P

A

C

E

Quote #1:
She sighed. "Fine. I used it as a fly swatter. But I really did burn the old one. I left it on the stove accidentally."

Quote #2:
"I guess that's why I brought you here," I tell her. "I wanted to share everything with you, even the things and places that I always thought I'd never share with anyone."

Quote #3:
"I know," he replied. "I just can't believe that I called it a life before we were together. Why didn't I propose as Superman on the flight back from EPRAD that first day?"

Quote #4:
He laughs again, his voice warm and deep and full of joy. "Lois, you can call me anything you like."

Quote #5:
"How did you manage to get *exactly* the tiles you needed? How did you know I would give you the 'Y'?"

Quote #6:
"You kissed me." Clark set his drink down and shifted in his seat to scoot closer to her. "You kissed me and I *liked* it."

Quote #7:
I stare at her, flabbergasted. "Of course I do," I mutter, irritated. "Mom would probably kill me if I brought all my dirty suits to her."

Quote #8:
"I want ripe Philippine mangoes. I mean the sweet yellow ones, not the sticky red ones. I hate those. The yellow ones that are a dollar each in Chinatown and that's just ridiculous ..."

Quote #9:
"Well, it's not like on the old TV show, 'The Greatest American Hero', the powers aren't in the suit." He gave her a quizzical look. "But you know that, Lois."

Quote #10:
Happy anniversary, honey. I love you.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Excerpt #1:
Still no big news. Apparently Superman was just finishing up his job in Norway. It was weird. When they flashed to him landing with the equipment he looked almost... annoyed? Did he get annoyed?

Excerpt #2:
It was mine, my place. My sanctuary. My secret sanctuary. Not my Fortress of Solitude, my childhood hideaway that my parents assume was my sanctuary. That wasn't secret enough. My mother always knew when I was hiding there, I'd spend hours brooding in those wooden walls, then I'd get called in for dinner. And if I didn't come, she'd get a ladder and come and get me.

Excerpt #3:
Clark was smiling back with all his heart. One of those things he'd learned along the way was the astounding fact that in certain circumstances, 'You're an idiot' meant exactly the same thing as 'I love you.'

Excerpt #4:
Geez, I haven't felt this nervous since Claude. What am I afraid of? It's just Clark, for heaven's sake. It's not like anything happened, anyway. Just a nice, quiet Christmas Eve--which he intentionally missed his flight home to spend with me--and a little hand-holding by the window, my head leaning on his shoulder after the carolers interrupted a potentially embarrassing almost-kiss. That's all.

Excerpt #5:
She'd opened it ... curious, and not completely able to quell her fears that this would be a joke that turned on her. Her qualms had been unfounded. Pushing back the wrapping had revealed a little desk plaque that read - "Words are my toys ... but sometimes they just won't play nice."

Excerpt #6:
Lois watched Clark chug his drink and then stare at his hand again, his jaw ticking in contemplation. She didn't know whether to laugh or roll her eyes. It had been a while since Clark had spouted some of his country zen wisdom, but it looked like today was her lucky day. Confucius Clark was back. Still … the stuff he'd said made a kooky kind of sense.

Excerpt #7:
As long as I was able to keep myself busy with rescuing people and writing articles, I did. But when even Perry and Jimmy were ready to call it a day, there wasn't much left I could do, so I went home as well. Strangely, being alone in my apartment has never bothered me. But now I can hardly stand it, maybe because I've planned on inviting Lois for dinner. I've thought about it, I even had a menu. Now it's too late and I can be grateful if Lois will ever talk to me again.

Excerpt #8:
Tonight they sat opposite each other, each at their own iMacs when Lois stopped for a moment to watch her husband as he furiously typed away at Super speed on his computer, loving the way the light reflected off his glasses. It was just one of a million things she loved about the man she married. Just as her husband's keyboard started to smoke, Clark stopped, finally done with his work, and cooled off the poor machine with his breath.

Excerpt #9:
He pulled a box of his favorite tea out of the cupboard and set it on the counter. He grabbed a large mug out of the sink and filled it with water. He stared at the liquid, focusing his heat vision on it, until it began to bubble and give off some steam. He was just about to pull a tea bag out of the box when he heard a gasp. He turned toward the sound.

Excerpt #10:
I have cherished every moment we have had together; and was delighted when we became closer than mere writing partners. Do you know that I consider you to be the only friend I have ever had? I have been in friendly relationships with many people, Jimmy and Perry included. But how can someone be my friend if they don't really know me? And how can I honestly say I am friends with someone if I hold back from them such a major part of who I am?