Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
RL has hit us quite thoroughly over the head again, with the result that several of our GEs have had to go off rota long-term, cut back to just vignettes or, in one case, gone MIA entirely and can no longer be contacted.

As a result, we're in desperate and urgent need of volunteers to act as General Editors. We are especially in need of GEs who have the time to edit long stories, as we're pretty much down to just one or two GEs who can tackle these right now. Which makes things somewhat difficult.

If you have the time and interest or want more info, email or PM me. Remember, we can't successfully keep up the editorial standards of the Archive, of which FoLCs are justifiably proud, without you guys.

Thanks.

LabRat
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Archive

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A GE looks for typos, correct?

What does their job entail? (It's been wayyy too long since I submitted a story to remember the details. I know Erin K. was my GE once and was awesome, though. That I remember.)

Molly
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A GE looks a story over for errors in punctuation and grammar and typos before it's uploaded to the website. Unlike beta readers, they don't concern themselves with issues of plot or characterisation nor do they brainstorm ideas with an author.

Email me, Molly, and I'll send you out the guidelines, which explain the job in more detail.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
A GE looks for typos, correct?

What does their job entail? (It's been wayyy too long since I submitted a story to remember the details. I know Erin K. was my GE once and was awesome, though. That I remember.)
Molly, you have seriously just made my entire year. Thank you!! sloppy

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I have had many excellent editors, but I have to say you have stood out for me, Erin. (no insult meant to any others, please! Erin was my first GE when I was a brand new writer, and made the experience wonderful).

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ratty, my life has actually eased up enough that I can take assignments again. Hit me up, yo!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Nan:
I have had many excellent editors, but I have to say you have stood out for me, Erin. (no insult meant to any others, please! Erin was my first GE when I was a brand new writer, and made the experience wonderful).

Nan
Nan, that makes all the hours I spend doing this worthwhile. Thank you!! sloppy It's beyond wonderful to hear that you've made a difference doing something you enjoy.

(And Nan, when will I get to read another fabulous story of yours??? wildguy )

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I also have to chime in here and say that Erin makes a wonderful GE.

Erin, you finished a very long story so quickly, and made life very easy for me. smile

In fact, I'd like to take this chance to say thank you to all the GEs for making our fanfic archive one of the best.

Of course, maybe I'm biased, but thank you all so much for giving your time, patience and help to the writers. I know my writing has improved over the years due to careful and encouraging suggestions.

I sincerely hope our GEs are not an endangered species.

Yours Jenni

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Jenni Debb:
Hi,

I also have to chime in here and say that Erin makes a wonderful GE. Erin, you finished a very long story so quickly, and made life very easy for me. smile
Well, I'm thrilled I could make life easy for somebody! (Heaven knows we all need somebody to do THAT. <g>) And Jenni, when are you finishing your next great WIP???

In fact, I'd like to take this chance to say thank you to all the GEs for making our fanfic archive one of the best. <snip> I sincerely hope our GEs are not an endangered species. [/QUOTE]

I definitely second that!! I have had so many wonderful GEs over the years I wrote fanfic that it made the process wonderful. I seriously don't know what I would have done without you guys, so I'll add my own "THANK YOU!" to all those who GE--heck, even to those who beta read!!--because of all the hard work you put in. I wouldn't still be writing today without all your influence and kind words.

What can I say? This fandom as a whole is just awesome. clap

~~Erin

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I second that sentiment, Erin. If not for the GEs, I suspect I'd have made a fool of myself in a lot of stories. Their amazing work on so many stories has always impressed me. I second Jenni's hope that they are not an endangered species, because they perform an invaluable service for the writers and readers of the Archive.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes. GE's, they're an awesome lot! clap notworthy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard