Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi everyone.

As I mentioned above, I have a question, well actually I have more than one. smile

Is every star part of a constellation? Where do I get a picture of the stars which can be seen from the US? Does Clark show Lois a real star in BGDF or was it an artifical structure made for the show? If that was a real star, can anyone name it?

Thanks

Kathryn
Kerth
Kerth
No, there are lots that are too faint to have been included in the classic constellations, or just got overlooked for one reason or another.

There are several free astronomy programs that will give you all the help you can possibly use on constellations etc.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Voyager software is good for identifying the stars, constellations, planets, etc in the night sky. You can set your location to be anywhere on the planet. I used to have the trial version, but now I just use the iPod version. You can also set the date and time of your observation; you can use historical dates as well.

C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Yes, every star but one is part of what astronomy defines as a constellation.

The first paragraph of the Wikipedia constellation entry:
In modern astronomy, a constellation is an internationally defined area of the celestial sphere. Historically, the term was also used to refer to a perceived pattern formed by prominent stars within apparent proximity to one another, and this practice is still common today.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for your help.
I hope I got everything right. smile

Kathryn

Kathryn

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard