#164814 11/24/10 08:30 AM
T
Tasadi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
T
Anyone has any recommendations?

pd: crossover as in someone from another universe meets our heroes, not slash or anything weird (just in case the word crossover has more than one meaning).

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What sort of crossovers do you want? Do you have any other shows/books/movies/etc. that you particularly want to see a crossover of?

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Marcus Rowland has posted several crossovers, and I have written a few of my own -- one with Sherlock Holmes ("The Case of the Flying Man"), one with Forever Knight ("When an Irresistible Force...") and one with the original Star Trek ("The First Fanfic".) There were also a couple of Fairy Tale challenges in which numerous authors wrote crossovers between L&C and a fairy tale. If you searched for "Fairy Tale in either the fanfic or the Challenge folder, you'll probably turn up a number of them.

Happy reading! smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
There are currently 41 to choose from on ff.net. Can't recommend any since I haven't read them but why not have a look there and see if anything takes your fancy. http://www.fanfiction.net/Lois_and_Clark_Crossovers/335/0/10/0/0/1/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Try doing a global search for 'crossover' in the Archive's database of its stories:

Database

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Marcus' crossover stories are great. I know he's done some LnC crossovers with Harry Potter, Highlander, Doctor Who, etc. Check out his stories on the archive. You may also want to search on the mbs. There's also this little Buffy crossover gem that I didn't see on the archive.

Also, there was a Crossover Fic-a-thon a couple years back. The challenge and some of the resulting story links can be found here.

Let's see... There's also Shayne Terry's Strong . It's a LnC/Buffy crossover.

I believe there is also an unfinished crossover with "House" on the mbs by Amberlea. It's called House is Where the Hurt Is .

Iolanthealias wrote Pie Isn\'t All That Easy , which is a Pushing Daisies crossover.

I'm sure there are more, but these were a few that came to my mind.

Enjoy!
B

Merriwether
Merriwether
One of the early crossovers in the fandom was Becky Bain's Timeless , which crossed L&C with Beauty and the Beast. Brilliant story. I had no more than a basic knowledge of BatB when I read it and I loved it.

Kathy

T
Tasadi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
T
Thanks, I've read the one with Holmes and Pushing daisies and 2 with Star Trek TNG. I've searched the archives, but I tried to cheat a little wink I wanted to start with the most liked ones.
I like science fiction and super heroes, but most of all I'd like to read about people who are not familiar with Superman, or someone like him is impossible in their universe.

About Timeless, ¿Beauty and the Beast? like in the Disney movie? -tries to imagine S dancing with the teapot- lol

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Originally posted by Tasadi:

About Timeless, ¿Beauty and the Beast? like in the Disney movie? -tries to imagine S dancing with the teapot- lol
No, "Beauty and the Beast" as in the TV series with real actors and in a modern setting.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beauty and the Beast at IMDB

I'm not a huge fan of crossovers, but Becky's Timeless is definitely an exception. I knew nothing about B&B before reading it, but that doesn't matter. It's a beautiful merging of two great love stories. Highly recommended.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
If you like people encountering Superman in a universe where it's impossible, there's always my story Veritas, about 1993 Clark Kent ending up in real world post 9-11 Washington DC with a planeload of passengers from Metropolis. It's not a crossover, exactly, unless you count it as a crossover with the real world (not the MTV version). I hate to shamelessly self-promote my own story, but sometimes you can find good fics by looking at things just a little different than what you are mainly looking for.

Also, there are several Lois and Clark crossover stories over on the Twisting the hellmouth site.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That reminds me -- Wendy Richards excellent 'Big Boys Do Fly' series of three stories is sort of an L&C/real world crossover. It involves actors who portray Superman and Lois Lane on a television series. I don't want to say more for fear of spoilers, but the series is a fun read.

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
SwapMeet: Burbank and SwapMeet: Metropolis have the plot thet Lois and Clark find themselves in an alternate universe where they are characters on a television show, played by Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain. Meanwhile, Cain and Hatcher are sent to Metropolis in Lane and Kent's place.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
by Shayne Terry:
There's always my story Veritas, about 1993 Clark Kent ending up in real world post 9-11 Washington DC with a planeload of passengers from Metropolis.
I second the motion and strongly recommend that you read "Veritas" by Shayne. A really good fic that will keep you on the edge of your chair. Plus, there are some great laugh-out-loud moments. Excellent all around.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Shayne, Why is 'Veritas' not on the archive? I have never read it because I wait until stories hit the archives. Well, I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.
Sue

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
And from me we have

Plane Storm and After the Storm which crosses L&C with Superman Returns

Coffee at the Bakery and The Bakery Redux (a little complicated to explain beforehand)

Lois and Cl...Kal-El and The Smallville Connection which crosses with UFO (the 1970 Gerry Anderson series)

Only a Fairy Tale and Not Just a Fairy Tale crosses with Star Trek

What Happens in Metropolis which crosses with Frazier.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shayne, Why is 'Veritas' not on the archive? I have never read it because I wait until stories hit the archives. Well, I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.
Sue
I second the question. Shayne has a lot of good fics which aren't in the Archive. Try clicking on the "Fanfic Index" on the main screen of the "Fanfic" section and it'll give you a list of fics which you can search by author and title. Very helpful for finding those non-Archived fics.

And Dandello, kudos to you for your many great fics! Highly recommended.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Iolanthe,

I don't see the link in the place you described, but I did follow the link you provided in your post. I never knew this page existed! it looks to be a *wonderful* resource. Thank you for telling us about it. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's at the top of the fanfic folder, Lynn. Just click on Fanfic and then on Fanfic Index.

And, yes, the Fanfic Index Crew's terrific work is all too often overlooked. But they deserve a lot of kudos. clap

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks. I pulled a "Purloined Letter" -- I was so busy checking out all of the ordinary-sized type with the underlines indicating hyperlinks that I completely overlooked the large image that said "Fanfic Index". Oops! blush

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL - you wouldn't be the first, Lynn. Weird how the brain plays that trick on us, isn't it? I know I've done it myself before now.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard