Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Muffin Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I have been looking for a story that was probably archived about 10 years ago (just guessing). I can't remember the name of it (obviously!) and was wondering if anyone could help me. The story centers around Lois and Clark doing a story involving something about computers. The key witnesses in the story are somehow affected by a device that is attached to their computer and fall into comas. Of course, Lois and Clark (Lois at least) fall victim to the same ailment. I do remember all is well at the end but that Lois was out of commission a little longer because she was coming down with the flu. I hope this is enough of a description. I've searched the fanfic sites and can't find this story anywhere. Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And I'm responding to this, too, because now you've gotten me curious about it. That's quite a bit of detail you have there - you'd think someone would recognise it. Are you sure it was on one of the main fanfic sites in the fandom? If it was posted on a more obscure site, that might explain why it's ringing no bells. Can't say it's ringing any with me either. Which is deeply annoying. laugh

Hope someone figures it out eventually.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is it "The Darkest Hour (Before the Dawn)" by Erin Klingler (one of our best writers) in 2000?
Try here: http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2000/darkest.txt
I searched the Archive for "computer virus".
Honestly, we read so many stories our memories only go back a few years.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
That is not ringing any bells at all.
Sue

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I vaguely remember this story but I can't remember details such as author or title! frown

It had something to do with subliminal message through the computer. Clark, of course, being an alien, wasn't as badly affected as Lois.

And that's all I remember. Aargh! Does this ring any bells for anyone else?

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I remember the story also but I don't remember the title or author.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I've been in the LnC community since 1999 and was actually lurking in it before that. I don't recall the story, although I visited most of the Lois and Clark sites that existed at the time.

I saw your post before, but didn't answer since I had nothing to contribute.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It kind of sounds like a short little thing I read once, about Lois playing a version of World of Warcraft or something. She was totally obsessed and Clark found out the game had subliminal messages in it. Don't remember title or author, though.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Now that Pam said something about the subliminal messages, it's ringing a second bell [because it already rang one but that was about it]. Not a clue what it is or who it's by. It would have to be either here on the boards and/or the archive because I have read very little elsewhere. Could it be something that was posted on the boards and never archived?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What about this story(I think it is the one Pam and Carol meant):
"Wow, What a Game"
I had seen your post but I just didn't have a clue about that fic, just that I thought I'd read it shortly after discovering the fanfic pages.
Also my real life keeps me really busy so I don't have much time to read and respond.
Oh and Welcome smile

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm still not remembering the story, but there is a passel of Lois and Clark fiction on fanfiction.net. Go here:

If you find it, let us know and we'll all read it.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Muffin Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Artemis - "The Darkest Hour" is not the fic I'm looking for, although I would like to read that one. The one I'm referring to is quite a bit shorter than that one. I'm going to check out the other story you suggested, though. I often to go Fanfiction.net.

Kathryn84 - I'll check that one out as well and let you know if that's it.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the input.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard