Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Where does Lois park her jeep? On the street? In a garage in the basement of the brownstone? In a detached garage in the back yard? Is anyone familiar with brownstones as a species? My in-laws had an old row house in Philadelphia that had a garage which was accessed via an alley that ran behind the house. Would that be reasonable for a brownstone in Metropolis (i.e. New York IRL)? I'm hoping it's reasonable to assume parking in the rear of the house--it would be convenient for my story if they didn't have to go in the front door. And, yes, they have to get there by car.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes. http://carproperty.com/boston-back-bay-brownstone-with-parking-for-6-cars-ad55131045.htm

I've also seen places in Baltimore where there are a batch of garages in the ground floor of a converted building at the end of a block. Parking in one of those and walking down the ally to your back door makes sense. Given how Lois feels about her Jeep and how often people try to sabotage it if there were garages nearby she would rent one.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I think a back alley garage area is the most probable. Like a communal parking area. In older parts of the city where I live, houses are packed tightly together, and, it isn't in every area, but if you aren't parking on the street, there's some kind of back alley way where the cars on that street can park.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, guys. For the purposes of my story, I'm going to go for an attached garage reached via a back alley.

smile

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard