Print Thread
#16464 10/11/04 04:33 AM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Cool!! goofy

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooooh! This it going to be very interesting! I'm so glad you posted this story again! Thank you Erin! hyper

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow Erin,

Talk about coming back with a bang wink So far so good... I am very interested to see where you are taking us with this little (or not so little) elseworld jaunt...

keep penning,
Marns

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Merriwether
Merriwether
How totally fun! I was just wondering about what Clark was doing, and whether he was Superman yet, and now we know. And what a way to get Lois to Metropolis!

I like this Lois so far. She has the intensity of our S1 Lois, but is softer around the edges. She might show some of that abrasiveness we know and love wink when she gets to Metropolis, but as an outsider, she'll have to be careful not to alienate everyone. (As if showing up from a sibling paper to steal a scoop won't put her on everyone's hit list, LOL.)

And of course, I can't wait until she gets to the DP and meets Clark. Is he going to be in for a shock!

Oh, one very minor BR point ... you mention Lois taking the "red eye" flight a couple times. The way I understand the term, a red-eye flight would be leaving SF sometime around midnight, getting her into Metropolis very early in the morning, not leaving SF early and getting her into Metropolis at Noon. (A 3-4 hour flight, plus a 3 hour time change, would give the person little time to sleep at night, thus the term "red eye flight".) Just something to consider when doing final edits. smile

Looking forward to part 3. On Wednesday, I hope? smile

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great premise continued..I can't wait for the big meeting! goofy

I feel a little bad for this Lois, she's obviously lonely...she needs to meet a 'super' guy! laugh

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool I want to know how Clark is going to take the news of the famous Lois Lane at the planet? Is Clark as famous reporter as Lois?

hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part, Erin! This is looking to be a very cool story! (Well, duh... wink ).

I like the different messenger rescue. No bomb eating, huh? I guess he didn't have to impress Lois.

One thing I'm wondering about...

Lois's jaw dropped, and there was a collective gasp from the crowd of co-workers around her. *A man?* Lois thought. *How could it be a man? There was no such thing as a flying man!*
Why is Lois thinking in the past tense?

Also (okay, so it's more than one thing. Sue me. wink ), I always wondered how Clark lifted the Messenger into orbit without problems... after he'd ripped the door off.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see this Lois take on Superman with a slightly more (but not completely) cynical approach.

And in only three days? Wow. That's barely enough time to make up for jet lag...

Nice touch with the staircase. smile

You know, with Lois in Metropolis, I'm going to miss Agnes.

The wardrobe choice is also very telling. Definitely a different Lois. This should be really interesting...

Very nice ending to this part, too. I love watching Lois's heart and mind tugging back and forth like that. That last line is especially beautiful. Looking up into the sky, thinking of it as her own, and now Superman is flying through it. Does that mean the sky is his? Or is he hers? Or is it something for them to share? Lovely.

Very much looking forward to seeing more of this, Erin.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by HatMan:
One thing I'm wondering about...

Lois's jaw dropped, and there was a collective gasp from the crowd of co-workers around her. *A man?* Lois thought. *How could it be a man? There was no such thing as a flying man!*
Why is Lois thinking in the past tense?

Also (okay, so it's more than one thing. Sue me. wink ), I always wondered how Clark lifted the Messenger into orbit without problems... after he'd ripped the door off.
Yeah, oops! Sorry, that one got away from me during my cursory glance over. blush Thanks for the reminder! Come to think of it, how DID Supes in the Pilot get into that launch vehicle? Surely the doors would be sealed from the inside and would need to be broken (key word broken, right?) into. Hmmm. I guess I don't think they ever showed. Great. Now I have to fix MY story AND theirs. laugh

And Kathy, thanks for the red-eye info! I'm going to make sure to fix that.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, guys! And seriously, I WANT you guys to tell me what I've overlooked, what may not work and needs strengthened, or catch plot holes I've overlooked. Please? Pretty please? thumbsup

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, what a great installment. I like what we're learning about this Lois... So she's alone, her family 'gone'?

And we're finding out about some of our well-loved LnC characters. Perry is where he should be. Superman has made his first appearance. Lois is about to trail him and make his life hell... (she does want that pulitzer...)

I can't wait to find out if Clark's at the Daily Planet or not... and what Jimmy's doing and ... well what's going to happen next!

Sira - impatient and hooked smile1

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Erin

WOW, an excellent part! smile1 Please post more soon.

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aha - looks like Lois's 'something' has just entered stage right. goofy

And the plot thickens. Love Lois immediately dashing over to demand to be sent to cover the story. And just loved this:

If this wasn't a hoax, she was going to have to dress and look incredible enough to catch this mysterious flying man's eye. She didn't know anything about this man in particular, but he looked human enough to her. And she knew men. No man could resist a sexy woman.
LOL. Course...she may be right with this particular guy. <G>

*Of course it has something to do with him,* the little voice in the back of her head said. *This man is going to change your life by giving you the means to earning that Pulitzer Prize you've been working for all these years. That's why you're feeling what you are.*
Uh huh. Yup, that's it, Lois. That's the one.

And that last paragraph was just lovely. <waffy sigh>

Great segment, Erin! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard