Print Thread
#164648 10/25/10 03:49 PM
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I put this here because I'm not actually challenging any one to write this. I'm merely interested in the opinions of the folcs out there.

Start with the 'given' that a person who dies violently; their spirit is 'doomed' to wander the earth until their murderer is brought to justice. Only then can their spirit 'move on'.

Also add in the fact that the 'soulmates' thing would allow the 'ghost' of Lois to be able to be seen by, and to interact with Clark.

The Question: If Lois' ghost can 'be with' Clark even if she can't interact with anyone else would she 'want' her murder to be solved and the culprit brought to justice if it meant that she would pass on, and lose Clark?

Tank (who is not a fan of Halloween, but this time of year puts such thoughts into his head)

#164649 10/25/10 05:06 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Isn't there a story where Lois is a ghost, only it turns out she was in another time? I know there is one where she was in a coma in another county and Clark saw her in his dreams. Then also isn't there one where Clark is the ghost and Lois and Clarks' parents find him almost dead?

#164650 10/25/10 05:37 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm...I think might depend on Lois's expectation about reincarnation. If she doesn't move on, she can't come back and therefore be with Clark in a more satisfying way a la Nan's Home series. Or, she might be tempted to stick around until she realizes that she is holding Clark back from 'moving on' himself.

Personally, I don't believe in either ghosts or soul-mates or reincarnation, but then I don't believe in men who can fly because of their dense molecular structure either. So, given all of the above as part of our fictional playground, that's my take.

This *is* my happily ever after.
#164651 10/26/10 10:36 AM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Perhaps her soul is in torment. She herself *needs* peace of mind about her murder, because it *was* traumatic. She's in-between. Not part of the after-life, and not part of real life. It could be tortorous for her to love Clark, for him to see her, but not be able to physically touch him, make love, etc. Perhaps everyone around Clark is thinking he is crazy because he is interacting with an invisible person. She could be holding him back and creating a negative social impact on him.

Perhaps her 'moving on' will not seperate *her* from Clark, but it will free her spiritual pain she is in. Lois is a 'ghost' of herself. She may not be the entire Lois that Clark knows and loves. She is an emotionally tormented version of herself.

Just spinning off ideas, seeing if any of those help. I can throw some more out if you need. Ghosts are something I've read up a lot on.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
#164652 10/26/10 03:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
My personal favorite has always been the path taken in When Magnolias Bloom , by Jennifer Eagan. It was an early story in the fandom, written after "Brutal Youth" aired. I personally don't buy the theory that Clark's aging process will slow to the point Dr. Klein theorized -- even he said it was just a theory, and he was proven wrong on his fertility theory later that season! -- but if Clark has to live on for years without Lois, this is my perfect solution. smile

It doesn't directly address the stipulations in Tank's opening post, but when it comes to stuff like this, I'm good at sticking my fingers in my ears and singing, "La la la la!" wink

Kathy

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard