Hello,

I am writing a story which involves an attempted suicide. I have never attempted suicide nor, to the best of my knowledge, has anyone near to me done so. (Well, with one exception: I had had a friend once who had made such an attempt before I met him, but he didn't want to discuss the incident, and I honoured his wishes; we only ever had one very brief conversation about it.) I would like to have a BR read my story to see whether it "rings true" in regards to the emotions and motives both of the person attempting suicide and the person trying to prevent them from doing so. Specifically, I am looking for a BR who has knowledge about the mental and emotional state of people who have attempted suicide and the people who care about them, whether the knowledge be from the prospective BR's professional life (a psychologist or psychiatrist, perhaps) or from their personal experience.

Given the subject matter, it almost seems superfluous to give a WHAM warning; but I will say that although the story definitely has a large WHAM component, the suicide attempt does prove unsuccessful and that the story has an upbeat ending. Even so, if reading such a story would stir too many unpleasant memories, please don't volunteer.

The story is about 15 pages long, but will probably be slightly longer by the time I finish my next round of revisions.

Thanks,
Lynn