Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
(Warning: spoilers for whatever fanfic this is are ahead!)

I just remembered reading a fanfic awhile back that was very similar to the setup of When the World Finds Out by CC Aiken . . . except in this case Clark ended up on the outside of the hostage situation and was communicating telepathically with Lois, she had superpowers, they didn't separate men from women so she and Perry ended up next to each other (and he helped cover for the fact that she was welding the lead box with the Kryptonite shut), plus I think on top of that she was pregnant. Anyone remember author or title of this one? I can't believe I forgot about it till now--I seem to remember really enjoying it!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Except for the pregnant part, this sounds like The Girl Next Door by Janet Owens. Very good story.

Kinetic Girl, indeed!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. Not sure where the pregnant bit came into my mind, but that's the story all right. Wow, was a lot I *hadn't* remembered about it too! Thoroughly enjoyed the re-read. laugh Thanks for the help. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love "The Girl Next Door."

This is one of the files on my to-do list for epub conversion. Doranwen, did you plan to convert "The Girl Next Door"? If not, I'll move it to the top of my queue. RL has been absolutely crazy but I think I see some clear air ahead so I should be able to work on it.

Bob

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
At some point, yes, but I'm still trying to get through Nan's massive list (I'm in the M's now), so it won't be any time soon. Go ahead and convert it if you like. smile (I convert all my favorites for myself whether anyone else has already or not, just so I have complete internal consistency within the collection, but that's just 'cause I'm obsessive about that. I certainly don't expect everyone to wait for me to get to it to be able to read as epub, so don't worry about that.)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard