Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164377 07/25/10 01:42 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
We've all read 'Rest and Reproduction'(wonderful), and it absolutely amazes me that people are still reading 'A Gift for Life'. Some may have even read 'What Are Friends For'. Two deal with Lois wanting to have a baby and Clark helping her out. Simple enough. AGFL was a bit more complicated though- Clark needing a baby...

But what would make a man want to have a baby? Different than 'Gift' I mean. (Yeah, I know. I can't help myself. Babies are such good little plot bunnies!)

Just so you know though, I do have a few other things going on that don't involve babies.

SQD

#164378 07/25/10 01:51 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I haven't yet read any of the stories you mentioned.

If the man in question is Clark, that's easy: Above and beyond any other reason he might have (i.e., the normal reasons any adult - male or female - might wish to have a family), he has an added reason: The continuation of the Kryptonian race. If the story were to take place before the NK story arc, he would think that he was the only Kryptonian alive.

Plus, he might hope for offspring to continue the work he has done as Superman. (This would either have to be handled as a secondary motivation or else extremely extenuating circumstances would have to be set up to justify this as his primary motivation.)

Joy,
Lynn

#164379 07/26/10 02:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Assuming the man is Clark, maybe if he has a son he doesn't need to go back to New Krypton. A son with an Earth woman could free him from his Kryptonian marriage and his duties as a Kryptonian noble.

Another possibility: Superman is tested for fertility when Leigh-Anne claims Jesse is his son. He finds out that he is compatible with Earth women but that he's becoming sterile (maybe an effect of the repeated exposures to kryptonite) and just will be fertile for a short time.
Anyway... Woohoo! More Squid fics! [Linked Image]

And let there be babies! They're too cute to resist. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard