Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#164215 07/13/10 08:37 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi everyone,

I'm new and really just trying to find my way around. Maybe I'm thick but everytime I try and search for a specific authors post I just get the feedback that people have posted in connection to that particular story and can see no way of actually accessing a story from the comments page. Can someone please help me? Even if it's just a case of me being a blind bat I would appreciate it.

I am particularly interested in stories where lois and or clark meet there past/future selfs. Any recommendations would be fab. smile

Thanks guys

#164216 07/13/10 08:48 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi! And welcome wave

You can find the table of contents (TOC) for each story posted in the Fanfic-folder in the Fanfic TOCs folder. Depending on who created the TOC, the author's name shows up in the title. For the others, you have to look-up the member-number of the author and use this as your search criteria. There's a special search field for this on the search page.

Also, a lot of the stories posted have found their way into the archives . There, you can read a story as a whole, and polished by a final editing process to weed out the occasional typo.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#164217 07/13/10 09:53 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
can see no way of actually accessing a story from the comments page.
In this forum, we keep story parts and comments completely separate. The only way you'd be able to access the story itself from the comments folder would be if the author had specifically included a link within it. Some do, some don't.

So if you want to read the comments on a particular story part, click on the thread which contains 'Comments' or 'FDK' in the thread title. The story part will be - or should be - the thread with the title which doesn't include that.

For example, from the fanfic folder:

Courage 3/4 - is part three of that story and FDK Courage 3/4 - is the comments folder for part three of the story.

Story parts also usually have a blue arrow next to them, on the left hand side of the title, to make it easier to spot them.

FDK, btw, stands for feedback and comes from a fanfic written by Hazel called The Ultimate Drug. You can find it on the Archive.

If you go to the TOC folder, you can find links to all the story parts and comments folders for a story, handily together, to save you searching for them. Just click on the links in the TOC.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#164218 07/14/10 04:05 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi! Welcome to the boards!

I am particularly interested in stories where lois and or clark meet there past/future selfs.
I can remember one fabulous story from the top of my mind: Ricochet by Sue S. wink I'll add in more if I remember others.

Edit: Do you have access to the nfic boards? I remembered two more stories, but they are nfic.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#164219 07/14/10 06:45 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello, there. Welcome.

I love time travel stories.

One that comes to mind that particularly deals with Young Lois meeting her future self was written by one of my favorite authors on LNC, MLT

Disruptions in Time

She has a few others that deal with time travel, if you are interested in those as well.

#164220 07/16/10 05:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Shayne Terry has an excellent fic available on the archive:

"Time And Again"

You won't be disappointed.

#164221 07/17/10 08:07 AM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Wow! People sure post fast on here. Thanks everyone for the advice on getting around the site and for the fic recommendations. I have read some of them but the ones that I haven't, will check out soon.

Andreia, I have access to annesplace but have not applied to the nfic mb yet.

Thanks again people, if you think of any other fics please let me know laugh

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard