Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just checked this week's stories that were uploaded.

Tank's story, "A Revelation by Any Other Name" seems a lot shorter than I recall. I went back to the MB's and found that a lot of the story that was posted on the Archive seems to be missing!

Please fix!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the headsup, Iolanthe.

I've checked my records and the problem seems to have arisen in the final version returned by the GE. It could have been a glitch in processing when it was emailed back to me.

I've contacted the GE to see if she can provide a complete final version. Once I have it, the file will be replaced.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
Would it be possible to automatically have attach little line (end of fic or something else) at the end of each fic. I'm quite often unsure whether the story is at an end and the author just didn't write end or another note or whether some parts got lost.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There's no way to do that automatically, that I'm aware of, no. Although, I could always ask Lauren.

And, of course, I could always manually insert something at the end of each file, before I send it for upload.

Ideally, it would really be a matter for authors whether they put something at the end of the story - although it would be something we'd encourage - and we have certainly, in the past, had authors who felt strongly that they didn't want to put anything there, for one reason or another. So that would complicate a manual solution if I had to start asking each author whether they had strong objections to me doing so....

But I can certainly take a look at the issue and see if there's a simple solution.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I know that for quite some time now that I am in the habit of placing a 'fin' at the end of my fics when I put them on the message boards, and thus it would appear on the ones placed on the archives.

I've also seen other gentle writers use a finishing line such as 'TBC' or some such thing if the fic is going to have a sequel.

Tank (who is a creature of habit because it's easier)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard