Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm writing a fanfic where I need a city or town in the Denver area where the local terrain is hilly or mountainous. It would also help if the city or town were somewhat affluent or considered "a nice neighborhood".

Would Centennial fit this description? If not, could you suggest another town?

Kerth
Kerth
If you want mountainous and affluent near Denver, the first thing that comes to mind is Aspen or Vail. Depending on the time of year/weather, they're about an hour's drive away. Centennial is nice, but it's not the first thing that comes to mind if you want "hilly".

I don't live there, mind you. I've only visited so maybe my memory is skewed.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
Looking at the map, Colorado Springs is about the same distance and you've got Pikes Peak and Cheyanne Mountain (NORAD, AKA Stargate Command) nearby.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If you're not in a huge hurry, I'll ask my cousin who lives in Arvada. It's a Denver suburb but I don't remember it as being very hilly--it's on the plain just in front of the mountains. (It's been too long since I've been out there.)

Features Writer
Features Writer
You can always take a look at the area through Google Maps (use the Street View to see what it looks like).

Google Maps - Denver area

malu

A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Friends of mine say the Western suburbs are quite hilly and the Highlands in the North, too.

This from a Denver real estate site: Western Suburbs: Evergreen, Morrison and Conifer are located in the nearby foothills and also share Jefferson County schools. These are Denver’s picturesque ‘mountain-like’ communities. They have gorgeous views and sometimes limited access to rural communities up dirt and gravel roads. But, there is upscale suburban living here too including a few gated communities, golf courses and planned communities.

Here is the website quoted.

Here is another site describing Denver Neighborhoods

Amy

Features Writer
Features Writer
OMG, Evergreen is GORGEOUS. It's exactly what you're thinking of when a mountainous, gorgeous Colorado town comes to mind. We have some extended family there and every time we go visit, I drool a little ... until I remember how my husband gets nose bleeds at high altitudes, and we flee back to Seattle.

I like that area because it's not too bad of a drive to the more urbanized areas of Jefferson County, such as Lakewood, Arvada or Westminster, or even into Denver, but it's also up in the mountains far enough to not be urban (as in, yow, the terrain can be a bear, especially if it's icy). So yes, it is very hilly. LOTS of money and lots of class.

And they have the best hot chocolate ever at the skating rink in town. Just saying. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard