Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163928 05/13/10 11:40 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Most of you know that I don't write very many stories with an actual A-plot. And so now that I want to, I'm lost!

In another thread someone asked what fic you wouldn't write. Is there really such a thing? I've wanted to write a fic for quite a while where Lois and Clark don't really like each other (at first anyway). And then I got to watching the movie '12 Rounds' and I figured why not combine them? For anybody not familiar with the movie, this maniac kidnaps the hero's girlfriend and makes him do all kinds of crazy things to get her back. (He also blamed the hero for his girlfriend's death. You know, like he needed an excuse to be a butthead.) I thought that would make a great L&C fic!

What I need help with is the actual crazy things? I was thinking something along the lines of the tests Lex put Superman through to test him. However, I was also thinking that it would be even better if these tests were complicated by Clark having to perform them while keeping his secret. Tests more for Clark than Superman. Or maybe Lex somehow knows who Clark is (haven't figured out how he figures it out yet) Superman and he's trying to force him to reveal himself to the world. Of course, one of the most obvious of things to do would be for Lex to test Clark's loyalty- would he die for Lois? Even though they dislike one another? Or Lois could rub Lex the wrong way and he tests them both. Would she die for Clark? Maybe they get caught up in a story exposing Lex and he gets ticked off, then decides to put them through the ringer for it. You know, typical day in the life of our favorite couple. So, any ideas on how these two can be made miserable?

Oh, and in the movie, each 'round' the hero played served a purpose. The villian ultimately had the hero setting the stage for him to rob the US Mint. But we all know Lex is just plain crazy. He doesn't need a reason to do stupid stuff.

I haven't figured out yet if I'll introduce Superman or if he's already flying around. I do know I want Lois to like him only slightly more than Clark.

So... HELP!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! grovel

SQD

#163929 05/13/10 12:29 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If you really want an insane crossover...Would it be possible to come up with modern-day counterparts to the Labors of Hercules?

On the tamer side, perhaps Lex could hide something in Centennial Park which Clark would have to find. Maybe it could be hidden in the fountain.

Or, if you want to go for something with humour potential -- have him make Clark take some cherished piece of Perry's Elvis paraphernalia.

Or you could turn this into an answer to the Fairy Tale challenge and make Clark sort a huge pile of mixed seeds.

Or Lex could have Clark win some sort of video arcade game which requires (near) superhuman reflexes at the higher levels.

Do you want the challenges to be primarily of a physical nature, or could they be intellectual as well? Clark is an investigative reporter...perhaps Lex could have him investigate one of his (i.e. Lex') enemies?

Or if Superman has made his appearance but Lex doesn't know his secret identity, have him instruct Clark to get Superman's cape, or otherwise pit Clark against Superman.

Oooh...For a truly diabolical twist, the last two suggestions could be combined: Perhaps Lex could suspect that Superman has a secret identity, and he tasks Clark with the job of determining who Superman's alter ego is.

Or, or, or...There are so many ways you could go with this!

cheers,
Lynn

#163930 05/13/10 03:59 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can you think of tasks that should be easier for Clark because he's Superman, but actually turn out to be just as difficult or maybe harder?

For example, Clark needs to be at a certain street corner at a certain time. He has just a few minutes to get there, but a normal man could make it if he hurries. However, that's just when he hears a call from someone else that he MUST respond to, so he has to find a clever way to rescue whoever it is AND make it to the rendezvous in time.

For another task, Clark has to cut himself and write something in his own blood, but he can't figure out how to do it.

For a third task, Clark has to retrieve a box that is at certain coordinates, which he has had to figure out. Of course when he gets out to whatever mountainous area is closest to Metropolis, he finds that there is Kryptonite there.

For a fourth task, Clark has to decipher something on a piece of paper, but something about it gets him so upset that he inadvertently sets the paper on fire with heat vision and has to figure out how to read the burned ashes.

And so on . . .

#163931 05/13/10 04:09 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by cookiesmom:
Can you think of tasks that should be easier for Clark because he's Superman, but actually turn out to be just as difficult or maybe harder?
<chuckle> What a twisted idea. I love it!

cheers,
Lynn

#163932 05/13/10 04:11 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
So far these are great ideas! Keem 'em coming.

Lynn, definitely both physical and intellectual tasks. I would think Lex would be more interested in challenging Clark's mental faculties rather than his physical abilities.

This is good. Looking forward to more.

SQD

#163933 05/14/10 01:41 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex could ask Clark to get him precious objects from around the world (his collection seen in "Foundling"): the Venus de Milo's missing arms, Gainsborough's 'Yellow Boy', Beethoven's 'Tenth Symphony', Van Gogh's better self-portrait, the full figure 'Mona Lisa'. He could ask Clark to hit Superman with a kryptonite bullet (not knowing that Clark is Superman) or ask Lois to do it for Clark. eek

Whatever the tasks be, the important thing is... SQD is writing! Woohoo!!!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard