Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I have a feeling that at some point in the series, Perry mentions a previous editor of the Planet, but when I looked at the scripts I thought it was in, I couldn't find it. Does anyone know who was editor before Perry?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry for highjacking this thread, ML, but your questions are always such wonderful advertising:

This and the previous question on sororities screams college-girl-Lois. Can't wait to finding out what you have planned!

/hands thread back carefully/

Sorry, no idea on the editors. But I always assumed Perry had been editor longer than Lois had been at the Planet.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I always assumed Perry had been editor longer than Lois had been at the Planet.
Oh, I'm sure he has been. But I still need the name of the previous editor. laugh

I thought it was Old Man Krebs or something like that. But I'm not sure if I read that in someone's story or if it was part of the show.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
This quote is from "Barbarians at the Planet"

Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry sit over steaming cups of
coffee. Perry drains his, gets up to grab the pot and
freshen all of theirs. A waitress moves toward him, but
he waves her off.

PERRY
I got it, Candy.
(as he pours)
I was only seventeen years old when
I came here. I had an interview
with Krebbs -- assistant copy
boy -- and I was already late. But
I stood under that globe and just
stared at it. I knew that my
future was in that building.
I think you meant this, hope it helps.

Kathryn smile

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I always thought it was George Taylor, but I think that's in comic book canon, not LnC canon.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, Kathryn. It's nice to know that I didn't just pull that name out of thin air. Big help.

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I just figured out where the 'Old Man' Krebbs part came from. Kathryn, after you posted the script section where Perry mention Krebbs, I went back and watched that portion of the show. And although the script says Krebbs, what Perry actually says on the show is that he had an interview with 'Old Man Krebbs.' (Love when these mysteries are solved laugh )

Thanks, all.

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I was quite impressed that you remembered the name. I only could remember Perry saying something like this.

It isn't said if 'old man Krebbs' was editor-in-chief but I think since Clark had his interview with Perry I assumed Krebbs was editor-in-chief then.

(Love when these mysteries are solved laugh )
I know what you mean smile1

Kathryn smile

Kathryn
Features Writer
Features Writer
/me swoops in wearing her journalistic cape ...

Just to be picky, if Perry was interviewing to be an assistant copy boy, it's unlikely he met with the editor-in-chief, but more likely the news editor or metro editor. Those positions are ... not high enough to warrant interviewing with the big boss.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just to be picky, if Perry was interviewing to be an assistant copy boy, it's unlikely he met with the editor-in-chief, but more likely the news editor or metro editor. Those positions are ... not high enough to warrant interviewing with the big boss.
Well, that's easy enough to deal with. When he interviewed Perry, he was Younger Man Krebbs - news editor. He became Old Man Krebbs later when he was promoted to editor. But since Lois, Jimmy and Clark wouldn't recognize who Perry was talking about if Perry referred to him as Younger Man Krebbs, Perry uses his nickname from later years: Old Man Krebbs. laugh

ML wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard