Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163650 04/04/10 11:27 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey guys,

I'm trying to remember a story set around the end of first season, where Lois climbs up onto the ruined roof of the Planet, right near the wrecked globe, and yells for Superman, and then asks him what "circumstances," exactly, had he been talking about? I think she'd already reconciled her friendship with Clark, broken off the engagement, etc. Mostly I remember the scene on the roof, though.

I've looked a few places but haven't found it, so I thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I'm pretty sure that it's The Way That We Belong by Wendy Richards smile1

Definitely has a discussion of "under the circumstances" on the burnt out Planet roof.

AmyN

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you! Yes, that's the one I was thinking of. dance I'd been thinking that it was a Wendy fic, but didn't spot it when I was cruising through the archives... and I knew somebody here would know smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for bringing that up. It was a fun, WAFFY re-read.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard