Next Thread
Print Thread
#163588 03/28/10 07:38 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Just curious about whether anyone has written a story in which Clark really was just a farm boy from Kansas; and that the baby saved from the exploding planet was Lois? Or instead, for an even more alternate universe, that he was Clark Lane and the Kents found Lois in a spaceship and raised her?

I don't feel I'm able to do such a story justice, but I think it might make for an interesting read. If it has been done already, I'd love to read it. If not, and if the idea intrigues anyone, they are welcome to develop it.

cheers,
Lynn

#163589 03/28/10 07:45 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
There have been several where Lois is Kryptonian.

A Matter of Destiny [3 parts] by ML has a Kryptonian Lois and a human Clark Kent.

Girl Next Door by Janet Owens has two Kryptonians

My Backwards , Backwards II: Return to Metropolis , and Backwards III: House of Lane have Clark found by the Lanes and Lois the bio daughter of the Kents.

I'm sure there are others, but none off the top of my head where Lois is a Kryptonian Kent and Clark is a human Lane.

#163590 03/28/10 07:49 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks Carol. It looks as though I have some pleasant reading ahead of me. Your "Backwards" is one of the stories on my Kerth-nominees reading list, so that will be my next read. I'll try the others after I vote.

cheers,
Lynn

#163591 03/28/10 09:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd definitely recommend Janet's story - an absolutely wonderful alternate beginning.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#163592 03/30/10 04:00 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Here's a bit of irony...At the time I posted my original question which started this thread, I had just started reading, "Awaken My Heart". It is a very long, but excellent, read. I expect to finish reading it today. Yesterday I reached a point in it where Lois was, in fact, the one to have super powers (albeit from a different cause than I had proposed).

So the very story I had been reading at the time I made the post was one which met my request.

Cheers,
Lynn

#163593 03/30/10 04:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, those FoLC authors. Sneaky that way. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#163594 04/02/10 07:06 AM
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
I'm late coming to the discussion, but the first story I read that had Lois as Superwoman and Clark as a plain farmboy from Kansas was Clark and Lois, The New Adventures of Superwoman by Dirk van Deun which was published in 2 parts.

I'm pretty sure it isn't available in the archive. frown It used to be posted on Debby Stark's now defunct ftp site. I believe he was a friend of hers and allowed her to post them. I still have the stories saved on my hard drive and they were written in 1995. I remember it as a fun read -- not very long, maybe 30 or 40 pages between the 2 parts. I think I'll reread them now that I've been reminded they exist. smile1

AmyN

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard