Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I feel like I should know the answers to these, but hey, it's almost 4 a.m.

When did Lois tell Clark about Claude? I know she mentioned she had broken her "don't sleep with anyone you work with" rule in the pilot, but when did she give him the details? And do we know how long Lois had been at The Planet when it happened? IIRC, it was in her first year or two?

And do we know how long Jonathan and Martha had been married? Don't they mention how long at some point in the series, maybe on one of their anniversaries? Do we have any idea of how old they were when they got married?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Others who've watched the episodes more recently will have more specific details, Jenn, but AFAIR, the only mention of Claude was in the pilot. I believe that most of the details come from fanfic over the years. What was in the show was pretty sketchy.

As for Martha and Jonathan, I seem to recall that the show was conflicted on how long they'd been married with at least three separate and conflicting dates given in various episodes.

But, as I say, you'd probably want to hear from someone with specifics on those.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
She told him about Claude while they were tied up at the shuttle hanger or whatever before Baines tried to blow them up.

Their anniversary is near the end of the season wink . I forget which ep near then end of S4, they come for their anniversary and mention how long. They were also celebrating their anniversary in ATAI [remember the whole book store gift certificate as gift thing?].

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois/Claude was all in the Pilot. She confessed during the hangar-scene.

During Ides and Martha's 'affair' Clark mentioned they had been married for thirty years. And Jonathan planned a trip to Italy in The Answer Is. I'd guess he would do that for a special anniversary, rather than a regular one, so I make them married 35 years at the end of S2.

Lois at the Planet. She's 26 in the Pilot, IIRC. She has three Kerths by then. She didn't win during the year with Claude, probably. The Kerths are in October, the Pilot was in May. All things combined with college, I'd say she went straight from highschool to college to the Planet. So just under four years at the time of the Pilot?

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
When Lois tells Clark about Claude, she says that whole thing happened "a long time ago, when I first started working at the Planet."

Martha and Jonathan are celebrating their 35th Anniversary, they say, at the end of S4 (Toy Story). They do mention the number. One can dismiss Clark's "30 years" quote in S1 as him just rounding down. smile

Molly
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Michael, you rock my world ... and did I fail to mention that I am asking these questions for a little ... idea you graced me with long ago? wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooooh *squeeeeee*

And you're welcome smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard