After the lengthy discussion prompted by my first story idea post in this folder, I am wondering just what sort of discussion (if any) might arise from this new one...

I had an idea for the premise of another story or two. Once again, AFAIK, the ideas are original to me; but I haven't read a lot of fanfic yet, and for all I know, they may have been done many times already by other authors. (If so, I would be interested in seeing those stories.) So here's my idea...Clark's powers did not come all at once; instead different powers manifested themselves at different ages. This leads me to two possible story ideas:
1) Although he has not had any new powers develop since he learned to fly, AFAIK, there is nothing preventing him from developing new ones. An interesting story might be written in which just this happens. What might the new power(s) be, how would he discover them, and how would he handle them?
2) What if, as he ages, he starts to lose his powers? How would he, Lois, and the rest of Metropolis deal with a Superman who became less super and possibly ceased being super at all?

I don't think I have developed enough as a writer to do justice to either of these ideas; and I have no interest whatsoever in writing story #2. I have enough stressors in RL; when I take the effort to write fiction, I want it to be light and upbeat. I'd rather smile as I type than angst with the characters. (So that begs the question of why my story ideas of late have been downers...I wish I knew. My muse lately seems to be Melpomene; I've asked her to invite her sister Thalia over instead, but she seems to be busy elsewhere...)

Once again, if anyone wants to take the ball and run with either or both of these ideas, they have my blessings.

cheers,
Lynn