Pulitzer
T
dance Please put your answers here, and don't forget that spoiler space! smile

Tricia cool

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - so I didn't do too bad on the last one. Let's see how this one pans out...

A

L

T

E

R

N

A

T

E

U

N

I

V

E

R

S

E

Quote 1:
"It is relatively well known that you are a friend of Superman's, and well, we're hoping that you'd be able to contact him for us."

Hmm... I've read this. I've even written stuff similar but I don't think it's mine.

Quote 2:
Lois rolled her eyes. "Why do you go along with her flirting? One of these days some guy's gonna take her seriously and she'll have to fight him off."

I don't know...

Quote 3:
"That you're dating me?" I asked quietly. Surely he saw the problem. I mean who would want their son to date someone whose mother was a drunk?

Gosh, I don't think I know this one either... OOooo maybe Nancy's Breaking Up?

Quote 4:
Maybe the apartment would be big enough for a decent couch or a fouton or at least have clean carpet so I would have some place to sleep. Or maybe we'd have room for an air mattress.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I was wondering if this would make it into a quiz! This is my On The Other Hand.

Quote 5:
Clark shook his head. "We weren't there when he was deciding who to send out to cover for Cat. I guess Ralph covered one of these things last year and Perry ended up having to bail him out of jail?"

LOL! I don't know but that's funny.

Quote 6:
He sets his packages on a bench and bends down to retie his shoe. "Do you think it'll work? You're the best at undercover work; I don't want to blow it."

Dunno...

Quote 7:
"I especially enjoy vacations and temporary derailment of my plans when I find a mechanic who almost assuredly has some sort of smuggling ring running through his garage."

Dunno this one either but sounds like something Lois would say wink

Quote 8:
The lunch wasn't anything to get excited over, but it was all right, Marta supposed. It was some sort of casserole with green beans and a limp green salad.

Nan's Middle School kids

Quote 9:
"Thanks for that info," Clark said, as he again started with a slight limping motion toward the teleporter concealed within the Editor in Chief's back office.

I have no idea...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt 1:
Oh! Is this the one where Clark goes flying out in space with the other Krypto kids?

Excerpt 2:
LOL! Dunno!

Excerpt 3:
Yep - Nancy's Breaking Up

Excerpt 4
Yep - mine!

Excerpt 5:
LOL! Still dunno...

Excerpt 6:
Hm...

Excerpt 7:
I have no idea...

Excerpt 8:
Oh this isn't Middle School, it's Nan's other one about those kids...

Excerpt 9:
I have no idea...

Okay - I got a couple smile . At least I'll get a 'recognizes her own fic' sticker right?! wink

A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
So far I have been down at the bottom end when it comes to quiz scores, let’s see if I stay there with this one!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quote 1: ?
Quote 2: ?
Quote 3: ?
Quote 4: ?
Quote 5: ?
Quote 6: ?
Quote 7: ?
Quote 8: ? – but with Marta, I’m guessing one of Nan’s next-gen stories
Quote 9: ?

Excerpt 1: That’s One Way to Learn your ABCs by Natalie Fox
Excerpt 2: Still don’t know
Excerpt 3: Nope
Excerpt 4: Oh, wait, this is familiar, didn’t I BR this? OTOH - On the Other Hand – by CarolM
Excerpt 5: What Happens in Metropolis by Dandello
Excerpt 6: Master of Disguise by BJ
Excerpt 7: No idea
Excerpt 8: Still think it’s one of Nan’s next-gens, but that’s as much as I can give you
Excerpt 9: Dunno.

Well, didn’t I do well? blush

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, talk about a big fail. But it was still fun blush /adds some Lorem Ipsum stuff/ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Quote 1 Hmm… I can't put my finger on it…
Quote 2 Lois talking about Lucy? Not that it helps…
Quote 3 grumble
Quote 4 Air matress? Well, There was Carol's Falling Slowly, where Clark got married to Lois, and then showed up in Metropolis to bunk on Lois's air mattress.
Quote 5 *sigh*
Quote 6 wave

Edit after reading Carol's post: #4, of course, OTOH! wallbash Oh, well...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

OK, here are the quotes: (Hey, I'm going to guess wildly, hopefully there's no penalty for incorrect guesses?)

Quote 1: Is that Bobbart in "Return of UltraWoman"?

Quote 2: Terry Leatherwood in "Play Some Mountain Music"?

Quote 3: Oh shoot, it's got to be Lois, but I can't remember the fic!

Quote 4: Sounds like CarolM - maybe "On The Other Hand"?

Quote 5: Alas, I can't remember..

Quote 6: Don't know.

Quote 7: Wow, that's a great quote and I should know it, but I don't!

Quote 8: Gotta be Nan Smith with uh, "Middle School"?

Quote 9: Golly, I should remember a teleporter, but I don't! Is it Jen D with "My Wife, The Boss"? Clark was injured in that fic, right?

OK, I'll try it from the excerpts.

Excerpt 1: Don't know. Alas.

Excerpt 2: I remember laughing at this quote but now I can't remember the fic it was in!

Excerpt 3: Is that by anonpip, "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do"?

Excerpt 4 - guessed it above.

Excerpt 5: Still don't know.

Excerpt 6: Oooh, I know! It's BJ with "Master of Disguise"!

Excerpt 7: Alas, I still don't know!

Excerpt 8: OK, it's Nan, but this time I'm guessing "Degrees of Separation" since Allynda is there.

Excerpt 9: Still don't know.

Top Banana
Top Banana
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

B

U

F

F

E

R

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

B

U

F

F

E

R

1. ?
Nothing from either. I’m resorting to commentary because I have a bad feeling about this quiz.

2. Play Some Mountain Music by Terry Leatherwood : Excerpt
This is a pure guess. The except sounds like a Metro Club line and that is the only story that comes to mind.

3. Breaking Up is Hard to Do by Anonpip : Excerpt
Okay, this is going better than I thought based on the Quotes

4. ?
Nothing.

5. ?
More nothing.

6. ?
frown still blank

7. ?
frown frown

8. ?
frown frown frown

9. The Second Time Around by Philip Mogul : Excerpt
smile I guessed this one based on the transporter reference in the quote but once I read the except I was sure. Philip Mogul has the most distinctive writing style I’ve ever encountered.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard