Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Put your answers, guesses, and recommendations for Kerth Quiz #6, Best Revelation Story, in this thread. And please don't forget the spoiler space!

THANKS! smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - epic fail! Coming right up! [Though I did already glimpse the last excerpt while copy/pasting and know I know it... whether I can pull the name/etc out remains to be seen...]

B

E

S

T

R

E

V

E

L

A

T

I

O

N

Quote 1:
"See, and that's *exactly* what I'm talking about. His first girlfriend left him because she was overwhelmed by his extracurricular activities and the second one was a borderline criminal," he animatedly interpreted the facts for her. "So you can't be serious when you cite them as valid reasons for why he should have told his most recent love interest the truth about Batman."
Hmmmm.... I'm gonna guess Lara or Queenie, simply b/c of the Batman reference...

Quote 2:
"You sure?" He sounded surprised but pleased. "You know," he added, slowing down to look her in the face. "At midnight, it's traditional for people to kiss."
Um... I know this was in another quiz...

Quote 3:
"Close your mouth, you'll catch a fly. Of course, you probably wouldn't even notice. A fly couldn't taste nearly as bad as a bomb, could it?"
LOL!!!! I don't remember this one!

Quote 4:
"I said I didn't have a pilot's license," he corrects as the beginnings of a smile tug at the corners of his mouth.
Um... I know I read this one...

Quote 5:
As the numbness of the cold began to leach out of my fingers and toes, the burning sensations came back. Still, it was bearable.
Huh...

Quote 6:
"We need to go to Smallville. My mom always told me that when I finally got around to telling you the secret, I needed to bring you home for dinner." His expression suddenly turns playful. "I think she plans to pull out the baby pictures."
OH! I know I read this one! I may have even written it! If I absolutely must guess right now, I'd guess my 'Where Does Superman Go'

Quote 7:
Lois whirled to face him. "Where are we going? Where do you think!" She gestured wildly. "We're going to go confront your mother about why she just threw you in the garbage in an attempt to kill you!"
LOL! It's an ASU rewrite...

Quote 8:
"Oh, you smug-faced, cow-kissing, dirt-digging, bottom-feeding excuse for a slimy piece of worm-ridden pocket lint!" Lois intoned, stepping closer to the object of her anger.
Another LOL!

Quote 9:
"I saw you a few weeks ago in a coffee shop; recognizing you, I asked the lady who manages the till who you were and I finally learned the name of the man who saved me… Clark Kent."
OH!! This is the lady who was in front of the bus when Clark stopped it in the pilot!!! That's all I got though...

Quote 10:
Everything I needed to know about Clark Kent, Superman told me that first day. And it was true. And that's why now, when he's putting it all on the line again, it's my turn. To be a friend. To be around. To stifle the impulse to withdraw, the impulse to accuse. Because he didn't tell me. But I'm going to tell him.
Awww...

Quote 11:
Lois wasn't sure what was coming over her. When she first met Clark Kent, she never would have suspected that she'd think of him as a potential *date*, but she did. Maybe it was that *amazing* kiss at the Lexor. Or the things she'd realized while under the influence of the pheromone. Or what a gentleman he'd been while she was.
Um... I know I read this...

Quote 12:
It was time for some semblance of damage control. With as much anger in her voice as she could muster, Lois shouted, "Clark! Back on the ground! Now!"
Even if I hadn't seen the excerpt, I'd still guess this is the one where there's red Kryptonite on the tree at the Lane house... I think it's by Bobbart... Lois is pregnant, the red K makes Clark amorous and spills the beans about lotsa things...

E
X
C
E
R
P
T
S

B
E
L
O
W

Excerpt 1:
Um... all the Supers in the Incredibles do too Clark...

Excerpt 2:
Um...

Excerpt 3:
Ack! I know I read this! And recently! I think in my quest for writing the Comedy quiz...

Excerpt 4:
Yeah, it's a verb in the 'he fishes' context Lois...

Awww... [b/]

Excerpt 6:
[b]Erm... yeah, that's not mine...

Excerpt 7:
I shall stick with my previous answer...

Excerpt 8:
Um...

Excerpt 9:
Yep. Still stick with my earlier description but still don't remember any more than that... Book Club maybe? I think they go to a Book Club...

Excerpt 10:
Sigh

Excerpt 11:
HEY!!!! This is mine!!!! A Certain Kansan! /goes back to see if she should have recognized the quote/ Maybe... Maybe not...

Excerpt 12:
See previous answer

[See Erin - told ya wink ]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Didn't do to well on the last one, so let's see what I'll recognize in here... /starts adding spoiler space/ Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Quote 1 clap
Thanks, Erin!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I do feel that I ought to write some rubbish here, but I’m out of random comments to make. Spoiler space helps, but I know carriage returns do nothing for people checking on Today’s Active Topics. Maybe that’ll be enough.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quote 1: No idea, but I guess it’s a Batman cross-over
Quote 2: Oh, this is going well. Sorry, I haven’t a clue
Quote 3: I’m really not sure, but I’m gonna guess that it’s A Brief History of Flight by amberlea
Quote 4: Nope
Quote 5: Sorry
Quote 6: Ooo, baby pic. But no idea
Quote 7: OK, an ASU. Don’t suppose the title’s a clever variation of All Shook Up, is it?
Quote 8: Dunno, but I’m remembering that description in case I need it in the future! laugh
Quote 9: Recognise it
Quote 10: Again, recognise it
Quote 11: Dunno
Quote 12: No idea

Excerpt 1: Wouldn’t be Batman, Zorro and Other Liars by Michael, would it?
Excerpt 2: Dunno
Excerpt 4: Dunno, but aren’t both fish and fishes acceptable plurals of fish?
Excerpt 5: I do not know
Excerpt 6: Nope
Excerpt 7: Don’t know
Excerpt 8: No idea
Excerpt 9: Sorry
Excerpt 10: Don’t know
Excerpt 11: Nope
Excerpt 12: Actually, I have a feeling I know this but...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not looking at anyone else's post till I write this down:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Now the quotes:
Quote 1: "Right Off The Bat" by LaraMoon?

Quote 2: "Three Christmases" by Lieta?

Quote 3: Uhhh...

Quote 4: "Buddy System" by Sue S.?

Quote 5: "Last Will and Testament" by Tank?

Quote 6: Sorry, no clue.

Quote 7: "Final Countdown" by Bellarata?

Quote 8: Shoot, this sounds really familiar, but I just can't remember it right now!

Quote 9: "Three Rules" by Scarlett Burns?

Quote 10: "I'll Be Around" by HappyGirl?

Quote 11: Can't think of the answer.

Quote 12: No clue.

Now the excerpts: (I only put answers for the ones I didn't get from the quotes.)

Excerpt 3: Still don't know!

Excerpt 6: I should know this but I still don't.

Excerpt 8: Again, it's really familiar....

Excerpt 11: Aargh! This is so familiar too but I just can't remember the name!

Excerpt 12: "Santa Surprise" by bobbart!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I know some of these!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quote 1
Batman, Zorro And Other Liars - Michael

Quote 3
A Brief History of Flight - by me! I recognized it! smile

Quote 4
The Buddy System - Sue S

Quote 9
I know this one! I just can't find the name or the title...it's the one with the lady that Clark saves from the runaway bus in the Pilot. She helps him in the aftermath of House of Luthor. It's a great story!

Well, that wasn't a stellar performance, but worth a sticker at least, right? wink

Amber

Kerth
Kerth
B

E

S

T

R

E

V

E

L

A

T

I

O

N

Quote 2:
"You sure?" He sounded surprised but pleased. "You know," he added, slowing down to look her in the face. "At midnight, it's traditional for people to kiss."

Ahh - I know it - Pam's A Date-less New Year's Eve.

Quote 7:
Lois whirled to face him. "Where are we going? Where do you think!" She gestured wildly. "We're going to go confront your mother about why she just threw you in the garbage in an attempt to kill you!"

The Final Countdown by Bellarata

Quote 8:
"Oh, you smug-faced, cow-kissing, dirt-digging, bottom-feeding excuse for a slimy piece of worm-ridden pocket lint!" Lois intoned, stepping closer to the object of her anger.

That is a great quote - but I don't recognise it.

Quote 9:
"I saw you a few weeks ago in a coffee shop; recognizing you, I asked the lady who manages the till who you were and I finally learned the name of the man who saved me… Clark Kent."

I remember this - The Three Rules by Scarlett Burns.

blush That's all!

Thanks for the quiz.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love revelations!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

B

U

F

F

E

R

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

B

U

F

F

E

R

1. Batman, Zorro, and Other Liars by: Michael : Quote

2. ?

3. ?

4. ?

5. Lois Lane, Last Will and Testament. by Tank, CarolM, Artemis : Excerpt

6. The Evening After a Door Slams by bobbart : Quote

7. The Final Countdown by Bellarata : Quote

8. ?

9. The Three Rules by Scarlett Burns : Quote

10. I'll Be Around by HappyGirl : Quote

11. A Certain Kansan by CarolM : Excerpt

12. Santa Surprise by bobbart : Quote (Wow, I got 2. smile )

I looked back at my own stories and more than half of them involve a revelation to someone.

Bob

Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't have all the answers hyper
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard