Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
RL has been very stressful lately (office being closed, semi-forced relocation, etc... frown ) and I am in dire need of an uplifting distraction.

I would love to hear recommendations for stories that fill this bill.

My personal favorites of this type are:

1. Field of Dreams by Caroline
2. Momentum by Kathy Brown

These are great but I’ve sort of read them to death and would love to have another set of choices.

These should be a good clue as to what I am thinking of. Anything that is WAFFy with no more than mild angst. RL is providing all the angst I can handle right now.

Any recommendations for other stories would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Off the top of my head and without links so you'll have to do a title search in the archive:

The Newlywed Game by Nan Smith

The One That Got Away by Kathy Brown

Something the Cat Dragged In by CCAiken

Gotta go now, but maybe I'll come up with some others later.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Bob:
That's too bad. I have felt your pain. Anyway, for comfort food I usually turn to Nan Smith's stories. There is usually some angst, but she guarantees resolution at the end. Rather than pick a story, I'll give you the summary page for her stories: http://www.geocities.com/~chiefpam/series_guide_for_nan_smith.htm
The other thing would be the WAFFY theme on the Archives.
Hope things get better.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Artemis, HappyGirl, thank you both.

I have been through layoffs before but have always been among the fortunate that survived. I am learning that a plant-closure spares no one. I am among the fortunate that has been offered relocation, but the whole process is incredibly disruptive. It's also far more stressful than I would have expected.

As for the stories, I should have anticipated that Nan would be among the first suggestions. I have read much of Nan's work. I love the "Home" series but by chance I have never read the Pheromone/Newlywed Game pair. I will be looking at that starting tonight. When that's done maybe it's time to tackle the "Dagger" series.

As for the other suggestions, I loaded "Cat Dragged In" on my e-reader tonight. Kathy's "The One That Got Away" was already there. smile

If anyone has other suggestions or feels like sharing their favorites, please do so.

Thanks again,
Bob

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You should find something among Wendy\'s large list of stories, Bob. Some of her stories are Tearjerkers, but you should be able to pick out the pure WAFF and avoid the angst from the story descriptions on the Archive, I'd imagine.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
One of my favorite 'I just need a smile' stories is Wine Wine Wine by Kathy Brown.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks LabRat, ML,

I feel much better today. I was in a real funk Tuesday. The circumstances haven't changed but I do feel better.

Today I went through my favorite stories and noted which ones I think of for being feel-good stories. Here is my list:

(I've removed those stories already named above.)

Kathy Brown
Into Each Life

Pam Jernigan
Forget Me Not Redux
What Dreams May Come
My Interview with Superman (series)
Tryst

Erin Klinger
The Accidental Husband

David
An Affair to Remember + Epilogue

Janet Owens
Any Time at All

Wendy Richards
The Penfriend
In His Eyes
It Only Hurts When I Breathe
Poison
If I’d Lost You
Eternity Series
Yesterday Letter Series

There are of course many other stories that I enjoy and feel very WAFFY. These are just my favorites for low-angst / high WAFF.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dear Bob:

I've certainly enjoyed these fics by CarolM:
"The Assignment" , plus all its sequels.
And "A Friendly Little Game Of..."

And of course, the wonderful "A Gift From Shetland" by Chris Carr. Plus "Some Kind of Angel" by the same author.

"Go Softly Into The Night" by Yvonne Connell isn't all warm fuzzies but it's a poignant, excellent story.

"Strange Visitor Revisited" by Irene Dutch and Wendy Richards is one of my favorites.

And, of course, "The Magic 8-Ball" is great fun!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard