Answers go here! Show some love!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay let's see just how badly I can screw this one up smile .

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Quote 1:
"Clark Kent is a man of hidden capabilities and depth. Eventually Lois will marry Clark and their offspring will play a central role in shaping a utopian future."

Um... Not a clue.

Quote 2:
Lois' nostrils flared in indignation. "Clark, you are so far from fine, it's not even funny! Your own mother just tried to kill you! Your mother, Clark!"

I'm gonna go with an NK rewrite where Tez was being Martha...

Quote 3:
Superman sighed inwardly. "I'd like to help you somehow... Do you want some help with your turkey?"

I'm seeing a SG rewrite where Superman stays to eat. I want to say Queenie might be involved somehow...

Quote 4:
"Clark, if they were any good at practicing whatever it is they do, they wouldn't be working in radio."

LOL! But I don't know.

Quote 5:
Perry sighs. "Jimmy? Jimmy couldn't even save baseball cards."

Isn't this actually a line from the show? That helps dear Jenn wink . FH rewrite?

Quote 6:
"No, no, that's okay, Super-Grover. It's nice to have a fellow crime fighter."

This so sounds like something I'd write but I don't think I did. Don't know that I've ever seen a Super-Grover crossover!

Quote 7:
Jim didn't look up. "I can tell you this," he said. "There's nothing trivial about a game of Trivial Pursuit with Lois Lane."

So true!

Quote 8:
"Ah, I was just *telling* my sister how much I *love* this," Lois looked in disgust at the fluffy pink dress she was wearing before adding the final word with as much sarcasm as she could muster, "dress."

LOL! Does she look like something you drink when you're nauseous? Or does she need sheep?

Quote 9:
"But I'm not driving a taxi!" Clark almost shouted.

Hmm... Clark as a cabbie... Has interesting alt-u possibilities...

Quote 10:
What did he expect? He was a farm boy and I was the consummate city girl.

/sigh/

Quote 11:
"You know," he added, slowing down to look her in the face. "At midnight, it's traditional for people to kiss."

Erm... Could this be my Certain Kansan? Not sure but could be...

Quote 12:
It had been the longest fifteen minutes of Lois' life, but she had managed to stay ahead of those chasing her for the entire time.

Go Lois!

Quote 13:
"I've always been proud of you," he whispered softly, startling her. She hadn't realized that she had spoken out loud.

Hmm... dunno...

Quote 14:
"Believe me, Lois, you don't. Neither Superman nor Luthor; you don't really know either one," he answered with a heavy sigh.

Awww!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt 1:
Hmmmm... Still no idea

Excerpt 2:
Awwwww. But no idea...

Excerpt 3:
Hmmm... Oy...

Excerpt 4:
/sigh/

Excerpt 5:
Yeah - Clark's claustrophobic all right... /sigh/ I'm no closer to an answer though...

Excerpt 6:
LOL!

Excerpt 7:
Awwww

Excerpt 8:
Hmmmm....

Excerpt 9:
Well, I'd guess a heat wave rewrite... wink

Excerpt 10:
LOL!

Excerpt 11:
Um... Okay - so I don't think this is mine anymore... /sigh/

Excerpt 12:
Awwww

Excerpt 13:
Awww - Sam's proud of her!

Excerpt 14:
Eeep! Clark's in for it now!

See it can be fun to fail spectacularly!!! =D

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! Quizzes on the boards hyper And this time I actually managed to recognize most of them blush But I admit, rereading for the Kerths helps laugh So, just a little more lorem ipsum stuff to get rid of the Active Topics preview. Hope this is enough...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Quote 1 Lex's Best Day by Bobbart
Quote 2 The Final Countdown by Bellarata
Quote 3 That's one of the 'Superman helps Lois at Christmas' fics
Quote 4 What Happens in Metropolis… by Dandello
Quote 5 Sounds familiar…
Quote 6 huh
Quote 7 I read this one. huh
Quote 8 Could be 'A Wonderful Wedding' by Olympe
Quote 9 No idea…
Quote 10 Sounds familiar… Maybe one of Carol's?
Quote 11 A Date-less New Year's Eve by ChiefPam
Quote 12 huh
Quote 13 huh
Quote 14 This sounds familiar… I want to say Ordinary Man, but it's mine and that's probably why Muse is suggesting it huh

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt 3 Three Christmases by Lieta
Excerpt 5 The Buddy System by Sue
Excerpt 6 Still no idea…
Excerpt 7 huh
Excerpt 9 Maybe a 'Man of Steel Bars' adaption? But wait! That's got to be 'Murphy's Law' by Cookiesmom
Excerpt 10 Hah! That's 'Don't Fall' by Anonpip.
Excerpt 12 I've read this one… Ages ago. /digs out list of eligible stories not yet reread for Kerths/ This could be 'A Hero's Heart' by Tank
Excerpt 13 Still a blank frown Sorry huh
Excerpt 14 Okay, that's got to be Ordinary Man. But you *are* in trouble if you recognize your fic mainly because of the way Lois screams at Clark blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay - let's stick in some fool fic boards nonsense. And then a bit more. And a bit more after that.

And then maybe some

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

just in case...

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
But you *are* in trouble if you recognize your fic mainly because of the way Lois screams at Clark blush

Michael
At least you recognized it! I managed to miss mine completely last time! At least from the quote I said 'hey, I think this might be mine' but the only fic I could think of that it might be from wasn't eligible for the category :p . At least I don't think Shaken Not Stirred counts as Waffy wink .

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it's a bit long for a waffy fic, but I don't remember angsty feelings from it, just teenage L&C in the same orbit. So, I'll go with waffy memories about it blush

Michael

Edit: /dusts off slightly damaged Answer-thread and hands it back to Kerth Quiz Team/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Too much 'I have amnesia and don't remember we got married' to be waffy wink .

But not overly angsty either so... =D.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Riiiight! Now it's coming back to me blush Sort of. there was a lake. Angry parents. Lois didn't want to tell Clark they were married... Not sure how it ended but I'll bet Lois got pregnant somewhere along the line wink

Michael

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey!

Yeah - you're right. Parson Lake iirc. And a big rock in outer space. And a trip to Metropolis before Clark took a trip to see said rock in outer space...

Not so much for the waffy cat... =D. Though I'm glad it did have a nice waffy feel overall smile . End was waffy. Still contemplating a sequel one day - if a plot that strikes the muses fancy shows up...

Kerth
Kerth
I think putting the quizzes on the boards is a great idea.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Quote 2:
Lois' nostrils flared in indignation. "Clark, you are so far from fine, it's not even funny! Your own mother just tried to kill you! Your mother, Clark!"

**The Final Countdown by Bellarata

Quote 7:
Jim didn't look up. "I can tell you this," he said. "There's nothing trivial about a game of Trivial Pursuit with Lois Lane."

**The Hottest Team in Town by Female Hawk.

Quote 9:

**Murphy's Law by Cookiesmom.

Quote 11:
"You know," he added, slowing down to look her in the face. "At midnight, it's traditional for people to kiss."

**A Dateless New Year's by Pam

Excerpt 1:
I think this is a fic from last year's ficathon smile1

Corrina.

EDIT - the excerpt from 7 was by HappyGirl

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, let’s see if I can do this on the message boards.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

B

U

F

F

E

R

1. Lex’s Best Day by Bob Bartholomew : Excerpt
Yes, Excerpt. When I read the quote it sounded familiar but I couldn’t place it. When I read the Excerpt I slapped my forehead. I’ve never had to go to the Excerpt to get my own story.

2. The Final Countdown by Bellarata : Quote
I’m not sure that it helped that I’m in the middle of writing a Nightfall story, but I don’t think it hurt.

3. Three Christmases by Lieta : Quote
I miss Lieta. I’m still put out that she didn’t finish “Both Sides of the Coin”

4. ?

5. ?

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. ?

10. Don’t Fall by Anonpip : Excerpt
This was SO cute smile

11. ?

12.?

13.?

14. The Ordinary Man by Michael : Quote

Oh, well. Maybe better next time.
Recommendations…? How about:
Valentines Cards by, um, me (well, I liked it) smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Quote 1:
"Clark Kent is a man of hidden capabilities and depth. Eventually Lois will marry Clark and their offspring will play a central role in shaping a utopian future."
Lex's Best Day, by Bobbart?

Quote 2:
The Final Countdown by Bellarata?

Quote 3:
Superman sighed inwardly. "I'd like to help you somehow... Do you want some help with your turkey?"
Three Christmases by Lieta?

Quote 4:
"Clark, if they were any good at practicing whatever it is they do, they wouldn't be working in radio."
Forgot the title, but it's by Dandello, about Frasier Crane?

Quote 5:
Perry sighs. "Jimmy? Jimmy couldn't even save baseball cards."
Forgot which one, but it's a re-write of "Fly Hard"?

Quote 6:
"No, no, that's okay, Super-Grover. It's nice to have a fellow crime fighter."
Something about "Learning Your ABC's", where Superman appears on "Sesame Street".

Quote 7:
No idea.

Quote 8:
"Ah, I was just *telling* my sister how much I *love* this," Lois looked in disgust at the fluffy pink dress she was wearing before adding the final word with as much sarcasm as she could muster, "dress."
I know I read it - Lucy is getting married - but I can't remember it! Somehow LaraMoon sticks in my mind, though. Maybe "Right Off The Bat"?

Quote 9:
Is this by Carol M? Can't remember the fic, though.

Quote 10:
What did he expect? He was a farm boy and I was the consummate city girl.
Don't Fall by anonpip?

Quote 11:
A Date-Less New Year's Eve by Pam Jernigan?

Quote 12:
It had been the longest fifteen minutes of Lois' life, but she had managed to stay ahead of those chasing her for the entire time.
I remember reading this fic, too! Lois is being chased by the bad guys, and Superman is off in China dealing with a flood or something, and Lois is leading the bad guys to Henderson, or something like that. But I totally can't remember fic or author!

Quote 13:
"I've always been proud of you," he whispered softly, startling her. She hadn't realized that she had spoken out loud.
No clue.

Quote 14:
"Believe me, Lois, you don't. Neither Superman nor Luthor; you don't really know either one," he answered with a heavy sigh.
No clue here either.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, stories have a weight? Granted, I know if you print them out, there's a weight, but I don't think they'd weigh between 11-50 kilograms... *whistles*

I
have
some
spoiler
space

It's
right
here
for
you
to
see

Now
you
can
skip
on
down

And
the
answers
there
will
be

Quote 1: Hmm... I'm guessing this is probably HG Wells talking... Or maybe not. Lex's Best Day by bobbart

Quote 2: Er.. Oh, wait, I know! She just saw Martha try to push Clark from the balcony. The Final Countdown by Bellarata

Quote 3: Three Christmases by Lieta

Quote 4: What Happens in Metropolis by Dandello

Quote 5: The Buddy System by Sue S/JDG

Quote 6: LOL! Super-Grover!! That's One Way to Learn Your ABCs by Natalie Fox

Quote 7: I agree.. there's a reason why many people won't play Trivia Pursuit with me.. at the age of 15. Silly adults. The Hottest Team in Town by HappyGirl and Female Hawk

Quote 8: Bok bok. A Wonderfoul Wedding by Olympe (Lara Joelle Kent)

Quote 9: Murphy's Law by Cookiesmom

Quote 10: Don't Fall by Anonpip

Quote 11: A Date-less New Years Eve by Pam

Quote 12: A Hero's Heart by Tank

Quote 13: Hmm.. I'll have to come back to this. *finishes #14* Okay.. easy search didn't work, now for the stubborn search. *opens up a ton of files...* Requiem for a Father by Catherine Bruce

Quote 14: The Ordinary Man by DarthMichael

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard