Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#163084 01/09/10 09:26 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, guys. Anyone here who knows anything about the use of crystals in healing?

Let me get a little more specific. If Star (from Lois and Clark season 3) were to be treating someone for amnesia, what type of crystals might she use and why and how?

I've tried searching on the internet, but so far it's all Greek to me laugh .

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#163085 01/09/10 09:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't know anything about crystals, but I found this:

Increase Mental Focus and Clarity:
Amethyst and the Blue Crystals. There is a link in the resource section below where you can view crystals that improve mental focus and the particular benefits of each stone.
Crystals that improve mental focus

[...]

Pendants make perfect healing crystals because they lay on your heart, the pumping station for your body. Your heart then pumps the healing energy emitted by the crystal to the rest of your body and energy field.
From http://www.ehow.com/how_5739502_choose-perfect-healing-crystal-needs.html

I imagine this crystal would be used for amnesia. wink

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#163086 01/09/10 09:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Assuming she's following a classic text - Cunningham's for example - she'd be looking for things like memory enhancers like amethyst and emerald and healing crystals, such as blue or purple crystals. Purple crystals promote mental and head healing.

So I'd be looking at amethyst (no doubt about that one), possibly emerald (poor quality ones can be gotten cheap), and iron pyrite or lodestone (for healing and to draw out whatever is causing the problem.)

If you really want to get esoteric, Star might cast his horoscope and use that to choose her crystals.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#163087 01/09/10 11:40 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thats a great help, both of you. Thanks.

Dandello, you sound as if you have some experience with these things. So let me ask you: what is done with the crystals once you identify the right ones. Do you wear all of them around your neck or do you put them up around your apartment or carry them in your pockets. Or do you do a little of both. Also, will one crystal do the trick or is it a case of the more the better?

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
#163088 01/09/10 12:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Star might give Clark a little medicine bag with the crystals in them (and maybe even some herbs like 'forget-me-not') or have him keep them in his pocket. They need to stay close to his body. At night they would go in or under his pillow. She might even give him several sets - one for his pillow, one for his pocket, and one for his desk. Star strikes me as a 'more the merrier' type.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#163089 01/09/10 01:17 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, you can also put crystals on your Chakras. Since it's all about memory loss, the Brow Chakra or "third eye" (also good for seeing clearly) or the Crown Chakra would probably be best. For obvious reasons, Clark couldn't carry any stones around on his Chakras all day long. Keeping one around his neck (pendant on necklace, preferably gold because it's supposed to be a good energy conductor), his pocket or in his hand sounds like a good idea, too.

There's another way crystal healing can be applied. You put the crystals you want to use in a decanter, put clear water (from a spring?) on them and later drink the water. Or... for less rare crystals: grind them to powder and eat that somehow. Or make a salve from the powder.

Also, Star might want to recharge the crystals on a daily basis. Options are sunlight, moonlight, putting them close to "loading" crystals (like rock crystal) or she might go all esoteric and do some sort of energy transfer.

Uhm, is it obvious that I once read up on that sort of stuff? blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#163090 01/09/10 05:44 PM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, guys. Lots of things I can use there. You've been a great help.

ML wave

#163091 01/10/10 07:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since it's all about memory loss, the Brow Chakra or "third eye" (also good for seeing clearly) or the Crown Chakra would probably be best. For obvious reasons, Clark couldn't carry any stones around on his Chakras all day long.
Hmm... that's an interesting idea. He could wear a headband with the stone embedded in it. He might look like a goof, but if it helps and Star might just be out there enough to suggest it laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#163092 01/10/10 08:15 AM
Kerth
Kerth
rotflol Cool idea! Confused-ius Clark, huh?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#163093 01/10/10 08:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#163094 01/10/10 09:56 AM
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Unlike the last thread, this thread makes sense to me.
gerry

#163095 01/10/10 10:06 AM
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Unlike the last thread, this thread makes sense to me.
rotflol

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard