Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#162954 12/17/09 05:06 AM
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm in the mood to read some great Christmas fanfics. Anybody have some favorites I could look up? I know there's a Kerth category for these, but I'm sure there are some other great ones out there that I haven't yet come across.

Any suggestions?

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think my favourite ever Christmas fanfic has to be The Gorn's One and Only. Which is nfic, mind you. laugh

I also adore Gina Blank's Have A Holly Jolly Christmas...Or Not which is a sweet Early Years fic.

Another sweet one I recall was Jennifer Baker's I\'m Dreaming Of A White Christmas which I haven't read in years but remember as just a nice story about Clark and Lois having a family Christmas in Smallville.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
My all-time favorite is Chris Carr's Some Kind of Angel , but then I'm a sucker for Alt-Clark. laugh

BJ

ETA: I know there are three or four more favorites, but my brain won't give up the titles. I did find this one that I enjoyed with a quick search:
A Little Bit More by Annie M.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I really like all the ones written by Tank.

Can I say that?

Tank (who's memory is too bad to remember any of the ones written by better writers)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Do Kathy Brown's Momentum: A Winter Holiday Tale and Momentum 2: The Revelation count as Christmas fics? They are what come to mind when I think of this question.

Bob

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
For a very different Christmas story you could try "How I Spent My Christmas Vacation," by Nan Smith, an obscure writer who has temporarily nearly vanished from the fic boards.<g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For a very different Christmas story you could try "How I Spent My Christmas Vacation," by Nan Smith, an obscure writer who has temporarily nearly vanished from the fic boards.<g>
First: Story mentioned above is grade-A prime, and well worth reading, as is everything penned by Nan.

Second: Nan, don't disappear! I know you have posted some chapters - I want more! More! More!

I want to know what happens in "Smallville" (isn't that from the "Four Days To Nightfall" universe?) I want to see more of the kids from the "Dagger" series. And I want to know more about what Clark and Lois find when they're exploring Lex's "ark" in "Games People Play".

So: more! more! more! (please)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, giggles... Since Tank and Nan did it, can I, too? How about Merry Christmas, Lois Lane by yours truly?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
No - because the second and third sequel are still missing. wildguy wildguy wildguy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Rats! But the PG version of MCLL will have to stand on its own because I don't think the others can be pgified...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Can't you download the NC-17 version of "Merry Christmas, Lois Lane" to the archive? It deserves to be there!

Also, I didn't know there was a sequel till I searched: Happy New Year, Kal-El

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
On an entirely unrelated note: can anyone remember the name of the fic I'm thinking of? It's where Lois cooks a turkey, Clark comes over for Christmas dinner, ambiguous sparks fly between them, and then Lois comes down with salmonellosis from not cooking the turkey sufficiently. Ring any bells? I can't remember the title.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can't you download the NC-17 version of "Merry Christmas, Lois Lane" to the archive? It deserves to be there!
Depends which archive you mean. laugh The Fanfic Archive doesn't accept nfic, we only take stories up to the PG13 rating.

Most of the fandom's nfic is archived at Annesplace .

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
IolantheAlias, I think the fic you're thinking of is It Happened on Christmas by Nan Smith.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uhhh... Yes, Iolanthe, the nfic MCLL and Happy New Year Kal-El most definitely can't go to the arhcive. It's been suggested that I try to pgify HNYKE, but I just don't think it's possible (imagine trying to pgify the roof scene). I've never gotten around to sending them to Anne's Place but they are available here on the "other side". (And as Mellie keeps reminding me, there are more sequels that aren't finished.)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Saskia, thanks for the tip! That was the fic.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard