Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
All the assignments have been sent out! But it did seem complicated making sure I sent the right one out. I managed not to send anyone their own request, but I did come close a couple of times. And I sent one person the wrong request which fortunately I caught quickly. smile

So I tell you all this in case you didn't get yours. If you didn't, let me know ASAP!! Thanks

And I want to say that Mellie did almost all the work of assigning requests to authors and she deserves a big hand for that! clap

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So it is Christmas (almost over) and I still don't see any ficathon fics. Did I miss something? confused

Natascha (who was looking forward to reading some new holiday fics...)

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nah, I figure it will be a few couple days before the first ones show up.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I've been writing diligently, but I can't figure out how to get to happily-ever-after without adding an extra fifty chapters. Anybody want to brainstorm me out of my corner? IM me if you're interested. One of my characters just isn't playing nicely, by request of my anonymous recipient.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So it is Christmas (almost over) and I still don't see any ficathon fics. Did I miss something?
We got a later start this year, too.

Oh, and hey, Elisabeth, since I know who your assignment is for I'll look at your story. But I'm sure said requester would love 50 chapters. laugh

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just over a week till deadline, but I'm still not down for the count. How about y'all? Am I still the only procrastinator out there?

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner, Nancy, but I'm no longer backed into a corner. Will you beta for me when I get done?

Elisabeth
who is typing furiously

Merriwether
Merriwether
You're not the only one, LOL. I love that others were able to get their stories done so quickly since it gave me great stuff to read. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them!

On the plus side, my story isn't done yet because it keeps growing on me. I just hit 8600 words and, while I know how the rest of it will go, I'm not seeing that light at the end of the tunnel just yet. BJ keeps teasing me -- "You know you only had to write 750 words, right?" lol

Does it count if I post the first part by the deadline? wink

Kathy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kathy lol to posting the first part.

That's what I did last year. I'm counting on it working this time, too blush I'm much more worried about posting the last part just before the Kerths laugh

Michael, muttering about muses not understanding the concept of 750 words...

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Features Writer
Features Writer
Cough.

Cough.

Cough.

I may be late, but the person I am writing for is aware -- I lost a bunch of time with a broken keyboard a couple weeks ago. Bah.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I lost a bunch of time with a broken keyboard a couple weeks ago.
Go low tech - a pencil and paper never fail (unless bambino is big enough to grab it from you and chew on it). wink

Features Writer
Features Writer
Go low tech - a pencil and paper never fail (unless bambino is big enough to grab it from you and chew on it).
The lesson of the week in my household is that BlackBerries ARE NOT teething toys, so I would hate to see what he would do to a pencil. Besides, part of my broken keyboard issues came from SOMEONE thinking it may be fun to pry the space bar up while Mommy wasn't looking. This exploration age is FUN! Har.

I have a new keyboard now, so I am getting back on track -- and keeping my little assistant far, far away from my laptop. laugh

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Will you beta for me when I get done?
Yes, Elisabeth.

. Does it count if I post the first part by the deadline?
Yes. I’ve been thinking we may need to extend it anyway. I haven’t asked Mellie but I’m sure she’d be okay with it. (And, by-the-way, since Mellie and I coordinated, we just decided to do fics for each other. And I must have been in a doozy of a mood because I gave her a whopper of a request. goofy

Go low tech - a pencil and paper never fail
That is torturous for me because of pain. But now a recorder...

BlackBerries ARE NOT teething toys,
rotflol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, your muse is more than welcome to inspire you to write 750 kb.
I asked her, too. But she just flipped me off and told me I'd have to make do with half of that. huh

Michael

/grabs new deadline and runs with it/

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Some keyboards can be dismantled. Some cannot. Most laptops are designed to pop out the entire board and replace rather than to replace individual keys.

Thanks for the extension. I'm hoping I won't need it, but with my plethora of headaches I just might.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG thank you for the extension!! My brain is refusing to cooperate and I was afraid I was going to wind up writing cr*p just to make the deadline. So thank you!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just want to say that my fic is going to be delayed by a few days. My hard drive crashed and I lost my almost finished fic so I have to rewrite it and I have a dog show this weekend so I won't be home to write! I already let the organizers know but just want to apologize!

I sorry peep

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Can we get another extension? Like another week? I'm stressing myself out about it, LOL. I already notified my person I was going to be late because I felt bad.

sad

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, mine is late, too, but the person I am writing for knows ... and says she still loves me. We'll see. After all, her fic does have a manthong in it. wink

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I may or may not have had my fingers crossed. We shall see. I even gave you the perfect plotline but you shot it down and told me to write it myself. /glares/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard