Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
We've already heard from some of you in the other thread - Ficathon - but now we need specifics.

~~~~~~~

Rules for Writers:

Note that stories don't *have* to be Christmas stories. Unless the request you get states it specifically, of course. It would be fun if stories had a Holiday theme, but I'm not going to limit anyone's inspiration by requiring them to be centered around Christmas. If you have a holiday preference/non-preference either in the fic written for you or in what you'll write, please include it in your form

1. Sign up for the ficathon by December 8th.

2. In order to sign up, email your completed form (located just a little further below) to njhky@yahoo.com with the subject "ficathon." Mellie or I will send you a confirmation that we received your sign-up.

3. Assignments will be given out no later than December 13th.

4. Stories should be at least 750 words in length. (That's not as long as it sounds.)

5. You can start posting your stories as soon as you're ready. You can post them yourself, just make sure posts are labeled "ficathon" so we can identify them - also don't forget to mention who the story is for, when you post it. *g* (And if for some reason you don't want to post it yourself, we'll do it for you.)

6. All stories should be posted by January 20th.

7. If your story is delayed - or if you find you won't be able to finish - you must let me know as soon as possible so we can find a pinch hitter.

8. If possible, have your story beta-read. These stories are meant as Christmas / holiday presents - the contents should be as appealing as the wrapping, I think. *g*

9. No character-bashing is allowed. Neither will deathfics. And we'll not be doing nfic either, because it would be really lame for someone to not be able to read the story written for them because they don't have access to that side of the boards...

Form:

Screen name: (I'm Classicalla)

Three things I want in my fic:

Preferred season(s)/holiday [if applicable]:

Three things I do not want in my fic:

I am willing to write: Give us a short description of what you would be willing to write so we don't set you up with humor if you're into angsty A-plots, okay!

I will not write: An example of this would be that you hate writing anything Lex. We wouldn't want to assign you that.

Will I pinch hit: (meaning if someone does not complete their story or circumstances prevent them from finishing, will I volunteer to take on another story?)

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I think that's it. Now, let's hear from you!

Mellie and Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK, I sent my form in.

*takes deep breath at thought she will actually have to do this now*

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WOW! We already have 10 sign-ups! We want more, more, more....

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Email sent... smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WOW! We have lots of sign-ups and still five more days to go. And I gotta tell ya', we have some awesome authors onboard. (No, we aren't telling you who. evil ) But we want more, more, more. The more the merrier, right? So come on everybody, let's party .

We want to hear from YOU!

Mellie and Nancy (who are honored to be coordinating this shindig)

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
This is the last day for the ficathon sign-up!! We have some great authors that have signed up. But how about you? First time authors, authors who haven't written for awhile... How about YOU!!!

And, please, when those of you who do have your assignments get them, please keep it a SECRET!

Thank you, Nancy and Mellie

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, and on another note: Please don't ask us to give your story to your best friend or vice versa. I mean, where would be the surprise in that? cool

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
Email sent!

WOOT! dance

Features Writer
Features Writer
To be technical, Carol isn't my best friend. More like co-conspirator.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
LOL Jenn - ditto.

And cookie provider...

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, everybody, we have lots of folks (20 plus) participating. If you have not received an email from me saying that I got your request, please email me again post-haste! Thanks.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
cool That should keep Labby busy for a couple of months.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, everybody... Just a little heads up. Mellie and I were supposed to finalize assignments this evening, but I was in a car accident. If all goes well, we should still get them out tomorrow (but late), but I just wanted to let you know that there could be a slight delay.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In a car accident?! I hope that you and everyone involved are OK. Please say yes.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
dizzy Nancy! I've seen the companion-thread in Off Topic and it sounds like you had some amazing luck, all things considered.

No hurry about the assignments.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, Iolan, I am okay.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Most of you should have your assignments but if you don't, fear not. There are still a few that I need to send out.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I wanted to tell everyone that we have 25 authors participating in the ficathon! dance Can't wait to see the stories starting to come in.

(There are still a few of you that haven't received assignments yet.)

Remember when you post to have ficathon noted in the title.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Glad to hear you're OK! Your post in the other thread does sound horrific. I hope that bruising, etc., isn't too bad and that you'll be back to yourself soon.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am sore, but I have more bruising from the hard neck collar they had on me than from the actual wreck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard