Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Let me say this up front: I stink at A-plot.

I'm working on a story, and I need to get Lois arrested. She didn't do it. In fact, she and Clark were both out of town at the time of the crime. But she's either been framed or it just looks bad for her. Late season 1-ish, but she's not dating Lex.

Any brilliant ideas that you don't mind me using?

Let the brainstorming begin!

This *is* my happily ever after.
Columnist
Columnist
I would say it depends on what else you are going to include in the story as to what she might get arrested for.

First, there is always murder but that was done on the show. But you could do that and have her framed by the real killer taking blood from the scene and putting it on her clothes, leaving the murder weapon in her apartment, etc. But it would have to be someone who understands forensics to frame her even partially convincingly.

Second, with Lois breaking and enter to steal something is always a real possibility. In this instance she could have really broken in to get evidence of wrong doing by the company and an employee (somewhat high up) could have seen her so that they then stole the protype and plans for something and she is charged with industrial espionage.

Third suggestion would be assault. Lois is known to know martial arts so someone she has put in jail in the past could set her up to take an assault rap.

My fourth and final suggestion could be a real arrest. Lois didn't seem to have much respect for the police in general and could have wound up with so many parking tickets that she didn't pay that they put a boot on her car and things just escalate from there.

Just some thoughts to spark your muse.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I don't write fanfic(not that I don't want/like to, is just I'm not talented) so I'm probably the least person to give that kind of advice...anyway, a general idea would be somebody framed her: she's been investigating something a couple of days or even the day before the murder/stealing and the bad guy uses some hightech software or whatever to change/replace the date from the day Lois was there to the date of the murder.

Or something simpler, somebody it's been paid to be a witness that she was there plus a camera image the back of someone resembling her, she'll be arrested to be interrogated, she was out of town with Clark to investigate another story but didn't tell anybody. So being undercover nobody can testify they were there and there were no airplane tickets because they asked Superman to take them there. Of course, Superman would investigate this 'witness', find he's been paid and Lois'll be free.

Hope it helps.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Even simpler - Lois's Jeep was positively IDed in a hit and run and found in the repair shop Lois frequents - no one saw her there but there was a note saying 'fix this' on the windshield.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, thank you! I'm sure one of these or a variation thereof will work great. I'm a slow writer, so it may be a while, but I'll try to remember to say thank you nicely when I ste...borrow your idea. wink

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard