Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
T
Does the show ever establish Ralph's last name? I haven't managed to find it.

Also, I'm looking for any other biographical tidbits about Ralph. I know he's a sleaze, but do we know anything else?

Merriwether
Merriwether
I think we had a thread about this awhile back and Ralph was not given a name in the show, but several fics have given him a name. One I remember was Spagoda, a play on the Chinese restaurant that had bad food in LnC. As far as history, make it up.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
There was a very good longer story (whose title and author I no longer recall - rats!) where Ralph was working undercover for Intergang or maybe Luthor's organization and was really a hit man. He got whacked not long before the end of the story, but he did a very nice bad guy moment first when he beat up someone more helpless than he (again, can't remember! Dratted getting older thing!).

Now what was I talking about?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Exactly as Woody said, Ralph was just Ralph. Feel free to make one up - or use Spagoda. *g*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Merriwether
Merriwether
I have not read the "Spagoda" story, but hearing about it cracks me up. That's truly inspired, LOL!

And Terry, if you ever remember the story where Ralph was just playing dumb while undercover, I'd love to get pointed in that direction. I have not read that one either, and it sounds like a very clever plot twist.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't know if the story was the one that Terry was thinking of, but I had Ralph acting as an undercover agent for the bad guys in one of my stories. I don't remember which one, but he beat the snot out of Jimmy, which I kind of liked.

Tank (who is old, and therefore has no memory)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, I re-read that story some time ago, and I know about it, but I can't remember the name! I remember being surprised about Ralph actually having a competent dark side and being able to beat up Jimmy, because we always expect Ralph to be such a loser in every respect.

Sorry I can't remember the title!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, you did beat up Jimmy in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Hurt, where you hinted at a bald man, but Wendy had him be Luthor.

Still looking.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Happy reading, Woody. I'm sure you will find many bashing Jimmy stories from Tank - after all, he does so not like Jimmy it's not funny any more. Okay, maybe it is. goofy

About Ralph "Spagoda", the name came from a similar thread where Rivka had all of us fooled for a while. But before she was discovered, Nancy (classicalla) had already posted her part with Ralph's 'full' name in it. Here\'s the thread.

The original story to host Ralph Spagoda is Nancy's still unfinished "A New Hero".

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard