Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#161922 04/24/09 11:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Several of these stories are ones that I've reread a few times, too. (and others too!) I'm grateful to the writers of those fics for the pleasure they've brought. smile

c.

#161923 04/25/09 12:23 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Rereading Boy, for now I've only reread Home. I do have a long list of stories to be re-read, but I have to get through the first batch of stories, first goofy But the previously mentioned authors are basically it. blush

Originally posted by Artemis:
Since "Don't You Dare" I've added Darth Michael to my list.
goofy And then you find a typo and start obsessing.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#161924 04/25/09 07:57 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Couldn't resist this thread... it's brought me out of my lurking...

I dig into anything posted by Wendy, Labby, Sue, Jaxxy, MLT, AnnieM, Sheila Harper, Nan, KathyB, Erin, etc. etc.

The story that I've gone back to again, and again over the years , would be... When Friends Become Lovers by KathyB. I dunno how many times, but my mouse automatically moves to that file every time I open my NFic folder.

And Wendy and Sue's stories are usually are my sanctuary when I'm in need of a really good read.

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#161925 04/25/09 11:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I re-read so many stories... usually the ones that are light on angst wink but on my short list are lots of Wendy's short stories (plus When Larry Met Charlie ), anything by CarolineK (especially Stardust and Field of Dreams )... I've pretty much got The Girl Next Door (Janet Owens) memorized... Lately I've been on a Nan Smith kick -- rereading the Dagger Series, the Home Series, Four Days to Nightfall, Strange Relationships, The Newlywed Game... just finished Twins yesterday. (Plus all her original fiction; I'm getting Terran Underground stories memorized, too).

Yes, sometimes I re-read my own stuff (esp my Lyn & Joe series, 'cause I still want to write another story in that universe). I can see flaws in them now that escaped me at the time smile but I try to look past those and just enjoy the story. I figure, I wouldn't have bothered writing it if it weren't the sort of story I'd enjoy reading.

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#161926 04/25/09 01:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
my fics are such crap - 3rd rate garbage. But i would like to acknowledge the work of the authors cited here. Well done!

#161927 04/25/09 01:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush Thanks for the mention, you guys! (Pam... memorized?? blush You are so good for my ego!) /sends a hug

Just about everything mentioned above is on my multiple-read list, but I'll further single out:
Tryst (and its sequel, Merry Trystmas ) by Pam - and her President Kent series.

Nan's Four Days to Nightfall series , her Alt-Universe series that starts with How I Spent My Christmas Vacation, the one that starts with A Night at the Office - and her new series, the one starting with Feathers.

Wendy's Don\'t Be a Stranger - and Poison , the first LnC fanfic I ever read.

Meredith Knight's Dance With a Stranger (which I think may only available on the message boards in the nfanfic folder).

Zoomway's Always Something There to Remind Me .

LabRat's Shape of My Heart .

And for humor, almost anything by Mary Potts (aka Queen of the Capes) , CC's Something the Cat Dragged In , Paul's There\'s More Than One Way... , and Vincent Pai's The Return of the Suit .

Also deserving a shout-out: Aria's Good Samaritan , Jeff Brogden's Lost and Found , and Chris Carr's Some Kind of Angel .

'Toc (aka Janet Owens)

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#161928 04/25/09 01:30 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I can't really remember the names of the stories I reread blush Mostly, I stumble across a story I read sometime ago, usually comedy, and reread XD

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#161929 04/25/09 02:03 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
my fics are such crap - 3rd rate garbage
rotflol <snork> Yeah, that's right. That's why 7 out of 10 of your stories have Kerth noms or Kerth winner certificates alongside them... Not to mention the "Best New Author 1999" nom, as well...

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#161930 04/25/09 02:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
but not re-readable , eh - so garbage, really. But thanks, Janet, for trying to cheer me up.

#161931 04/25/09 03:03 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
It's always hard for me to comment in threads like this - because I have reread so many, many stories over the years that I can't even remember them all. So to make a list of favorites is impossible for me. And I really don't want to leave anyone out. But I will respond to one comment here.

but not re-readable , eh - so garbage, really.
What are you talking about, Carol? Not re-readable. Do you really want me to admit how many times I've reread your Recognition series over the years? People might start to think I don't have a life. blush

Edit to add: Recognition (Truth)
Recognition (Justice)
Recognition - The Only Way

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#161932 04/25/09 03:50 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Carol,

I love your stories. In fact I have a hard copy of several of them. My favorites are:

Connections: An Alternate Story
Recognition (Truth)

Actually the whole Recognition Series is great! Say, if I recall correctly, you were working on a fic where Lois was tied up to a pier and the high tide was coming in. Have you fishished that one? I certainly would love to read it!

Write on! smile1
Anne

#161933 04/25/09 06:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
When I'm in a specific mood I start with the Kerth Awards link. I.e. for a comedy or waffy, or a short if I don't have long. Some faves that haven't yet been mentioned by title:

Proof series by Sue S.

Playing series by Annie M. (starts with Playing the Part)

Honeymoon in...Vegas by Sue S. (I like the pgfic better than the nfic. The last line is perfect.)

This *is* my happily ever after.
#161934 04/26/09 12:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ML and Anne, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness in posting. It was very kind of you both. Anne, thank-you for asking about that fic smile - I till have the outline for that story.

carol

#161935 04/26/09 07:16 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
EDITED: I am concerned that I posted comments that should have been kept private. I would like to apologize to Carol for the inappropriate public criticism. Carol, I'm sorry.

However, I would ask ANY of our wonderful authors to please not take it negatively if they aren't mentioned in any type of thread like this. Any list that I or anyone posts on the spur of the moment is hardly comprehensive. There would be lots of other stories that are unquestionably re-readable, that are favorites that just didn't spring to mind right away.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#161936 04/26/09 08:31 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I can't believe I missed this thread, but I'd like to say thanks to those who gave me a small mention. It's much appreciated, and I'm in wonderful company.

I have reread a number of stories over the years, and most of you have already mentioned the authors.

I reread Carol Malo's fics a lot. Her Yesterday Upon the Stairs is a wonderfully crafted story and so enjoyable. I also love her Recognition series.

ML is another author whose stories I dip into again and again. In fact, I just reread ML's The People V Clark Kent and loved it as much as I did the first time I read it.

I've also read Becky Bain's In A Dark Time recently, and it breaks my heart still, even though the ending is uplifting ... hope that's not too much of a spoiler.

Laura Davies' Little Girl Lost and Innocence Lost are also two of my favourites to reread.

Other authors I've read once or twice, or thrice are Chris Carr, her Gift From Shetland is lovely and so atmospheric, CarolineK, Nan Smith, Zoom, Erin Klingler and Chris Mulder.

Oh, and I've just embarked on Yvonne's Purity again. It's a very well written story, and definitely one to read if you are in the mood for angst.

Oh, I mustn't forget Tank, whose Protect and Serve I & 2 I reread only a few months ago.

And if we're talking nfic, I love Sheila Harper's stories ... and EditorJax, I'd love to reread a certain nfic story ... actually, I'd love to just read the end of that one, then I promise to reread it. wink

I'm sure I've forgotten some wonderful authors, and I hope they don't feel left out, because over the years you have all given me hours and hours of endless pleasure reading stories about my favourite couple.

Yours Jenni

#161937 04/26/09 04:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with previous posters - there are so many fics and authors I left out! Not because they are not good - far from it. More due to time/space issues.

ccmalo - should have mentioned you earlier. Yes. I love your "Don\'t Tell" - short, sweet, and right to the point.

The Care and Training of Concubines by TJ Gruffs - yes! It cries out for finishing! In fact, a few months ago I made a post about it, imploring TJ to keep on writing. She left L&C in kind of a bad place and - *stamps feet* I really want to know how it turns out!

Good Samaritan by Aria - yes! I actually found this on fanfiction.net and was hooked immediately. Love how it's told from the POV of the rescuer.

I love stuff by Shayne Terry and am looking forward to Veritas being uploaded to the Archive. A great take on how Clark actually comes to *our* world - our world with terrorism, post-9/11 security concerns, global warming, etc. How would Superman do in a world where everyone knows who he really is? Shayne makes it happen. And the ending is boffo!

And how could I forget CarolynK ? "Field of Dreams" was incredibly poetic and is the one I remember most. Don't miss her fics!

LaraMoon - another omission! You write such fun fics, and they have humor! Hard to do, and you do it so well.

Again, my apologies to those who I have inadvertently omitted. The previous posters jogged my memory!

#161938 04/26/09 10:42 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

I just had to come back too and mention two stories which slipped my mind entirely, and I have no idea why they should have - must be old age! blush

The first is Wendy's For the Greater Good, one of the best fics ever, imho.

The second is StopQuitDont's Unexplained Events; I have a personal affinity for that story, as I'm sure many of you will understand.

That's all ... unless I remember anymore. smile

Yours Jenni

#161939 04/28/09 03:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Kathy. smile I'll send a fuller, private note.

carol

#161940 04/28/09 03:59 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Carol, how can you even think anyone would really think that about any of your fics? Your writing is one of the yardsticks by which I measure my own!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#161941 04/28/09 07:14 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Being as rebellious as I am laugh , the first thing that came to mind was Nan's Terran Underground series in the original fiction section. Since I have the long-term memory of a tse tse fly, I have to review old stories anytime I want to read a new one.

I also have enjoyed reading Debby Stark's Dawning series over and over.

Elisabeth

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard