Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#161902 04/23/09 04:14 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I just finished reading First Comes Marriage by ML Thompson for about the 10th time. Will probably read it again next year maybe even before the year is done because it never stop being awesome. So I wonder if other people have fanfics that they read over and over again?

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
#161903 04/23/09 05:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I keep on re-reading certain authors that just resonate with me. And yes, I re-read certain fics. Some of my favorites:

Pretty much anything by MLThompson .

When I want a laugh, I re-read Something The Cat Dragged In by CC Aiken. Or I turn to Carol M's A Friendly Little Game Of... . And those are (in the Archive) just two in the first three letters of the alphabet!

I've spent hours reading Nan Smith\'s stories, along with those of Wendy Richards .

For angst, there is no one like Yvonne Connell with Clark fighting addiction, capture by evil-minded fanatics, poisoning, and villains and their villainous acts.

And of course, how could any FOLC not mention Tank Wilson and his body of work? Who else gets an ending named after them?

The Archive contains a plethora of wonderful stories. I wish I could cite all the authors and stories I've enjoyed so much - but alas, that would be impossible. (At least without super-speed.)

#161904 04/23/09 06:04 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees at the mention!

Thank you! So glad I can make you laugh!

Carol

#161905 04/23/09 06:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read all of ML Thompson's stories repeatedly. And of course Nan's Home series. I'm so addicted I created the family tree visual aid (because I needed it). And all her other series too.
And anything by CC Aiken. "When the World Finds Out" I've read multiple times.
Since "Don't You Dare" I've added Darth Michael to my list.
I was really impressed by last year's crop of new authors. Beth S, Alisha, bobbart.
Anything by Shayne Terry I've read multiple times.
And no one does nfic like Sue S. If her fics were in a physical book, the book would be worn and threadbare by now.
I'm too tired to do any linking tonight.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#161906 04/23/09 06:37 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Anything by Kathy B (especially "When Friends Become Lovers" and "When Lovers Become More"), Erin Klinger (especially "The Long Road Home" and "The Accidental Husband") or ML Thompson (especially "The People Vs. Clark Kent" and "Vindication") is worth reading over and over and over and over. They're absolutely amazing.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#161907 04/24/09 01:41 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
A lot of the fics and authors mentioned above!

Anything by Caroline K . (Can't believe I'm the first one to mention her!)

Ad Astra Per Aspera by Becky Bain.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#161908 04/24/09 02:21 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi!

I love and re-read Laura Davie's Little Girl Lost , the Playing series by AnnieM, SuperStud , Persistence of Memory by Zoom (that I totally love!), The Once and Future King by Shadowfax....

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
#161909 04/24/09 02:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I usually go back to Kaethel's, Wendy Richards's, Yvonne Connell's and LabRat's fics the most often.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#161910 04/24/09 02:54 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
there are sooo many. This is a great thread topic.

I go back to Caroline K,
EditorJax (especially nfic Inside Out),
Wendy Richards,
Nan,
Jenni Debbage,
Sue,
ML Thompson.
For a funny one I love CC Aiken - Something the Cat Dragged In
and many others

robinson
#161911 04/24/09 03:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There are stories by Wendy and by Sue that I've read so many times I can still see the scenes in my head. *happy sigh*

And, as egotistic as this sounds, I read mine again every once in a while -- and I'm usually impressed at how "better than I remembered" they are. Yes, I am vain. *shugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#161912 04/24/09 03:29 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. I'm not vain. There really are much better stories than mine. But I wrote what I wanted to see happen, so I guess it is natural that I should enjoy reading it.

thanks!

rkn
#161913 04/24/09 03:32 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, I'm dangerous in a thread like this. There are so, so many that I read again and again. I have to ditto the "anything" recommendations for Kathy Brown, ML Thompson, Sue S., CC Aiken, Nan Smith, Wendy Richards, ShadowFax, David & Yvonne Connell (when I'm in the mood for angst).

I shall limit my Kathy Brown recommendations to Camping with Clark (nFic available) and the "Momentum" series.

Check out Labrat's stories, my personal favorite is Sugar and Spice

Like a lot of others, I make my way through ML Thompson's stories at least semi-annually (if not every few months). I seriously cannot pick a favorite, but the most recent re-reads were A Matter of Destiny (see also parts 2 & 3 in the series) and Without a Superman (Clark Kent\'s Quest) (part 2 of 3 - Lois Lane's Quest - is my favorite part.

Single White Kryptonian and Nocturne by Shayne Terry are wonderful.

Most stories by Meredith Knight. If you haven't read her stories, start with A Closet Encounter and work your way through the rest.

I love Anybody\'s Baby and Tea Totaled by Annie M.

50 First Revelations by MetroRhodes and Sue S. is worth several read-throughs.

It\'s All About The Raisons by Gerry Anklewicz (see also Roadtrekking).

Cat Bruce has a lot of gems, but when I'm in the mood for crack!fic, I read The Great Blankie Caper rotflol

For a more subtle, yet hilarious story, I read Mary's FoLCs In the Mist

For WaFFs, one I read is Janet Owen's Any Time at All

I'm also partial to AU's - see below for some of my favorites:
Jeff Brogden's Lost and Found .
Kaylle's In Dreams (this story prompted my first feedback email when I became a FoLC)
The Long Road Home by Erin Klingler. See also The Accidental Husband
Tryst by Pam Jernigan
Meet Me in Kansas City by Chris Mulder
Raconteur's Lifeflight Series.

#161914 04/24/09 04:00 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm a sucker for well-written next gen stories, so I've read Irene Dutch's series starting with Firestorm , and Crystal Wimmer's Full Circle .

Barb Pillsbury's Smallville Players series is also on my reread list. I love how she ties the story into the play the group is doing.

Along with a whole host of stories and authors already mentioned. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#161915 04/24/09 04:35 AM
Kerth
Kerth
A couple of months ago I had weeks and weeks where I was just lying around and I did do some reading. Mostly I read stuff that wasn't fanfic (and watched an awful lot of cable TV - do you see how glazed my eyes are?), but I did spend a lovely couple of days re-reading some of the stories in my fic folder. These were the n-fic version, so I'll refrain from adding a link. wink It's worth mentioning that I'll read frickin' anything these authors write.

"Purity" by Yvonne Connell.

"Away From The Sun" by Sara Kraft.

"The Care and Training of Concubines" by TJ. And she needs to get back here and finish the story!

"The Big Couldn't" by ML Thompson.

"Long Strange Trip" by L.

Thank you to Artemis, Robinson, Lara, and BJ for the mentions. sloppy

ETA: I didn't read it back in February, but I have to second Lisa on Caroline K. I think I've read "If I Were You" so many times that I could probably recite it.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#161916 04/24/09 05:35 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I must have a short circuit in my brain because once I find something that I really like I tend to read it over and over even though I know what’s going to happen. Here is my list of stories that I have re-read the most:

Forget Me Not Redux – Pam Jernigan – 1998
It Happened One (Super) Night - Wendy Richards – 1998

Only You (series) - Margaret Brignell – 1999
The Penfriend - Wendy Richards – 1999
What Dreams May Come – Pam Jernigan – 1999

Tryst – Pam Jernigan – 2000
The One that got Away – Kathy Brown – 2000

The Accidental Husband – Erin Klingler – 2001

In His Eyes – Wendy Richards – 2002
Momentum (series) – Kathy Brown – 2002

Four Days Till Nightfall (series) – Nan Smith – 2003
It Only Hurts When I Breathe – Wendy Richards – 2003
Poison – Wendy Richards – 2003

If I’d Lost You - Wendy Richards – 2004
Eternity Series – Wendy Richards – 2004
Yesterday Letter Series – Wendy Richards – 2004

My Interview with Superman (series) – Pam Jernigan – 2005

Field of Dreams – Caroline K – 2007

Somewhere – Poussin – 2008
Cupid’s Drop Box – LaraMoon – 2008
Fuel – MrsMosley – 2008

Bob

#161917 04/24/09 06:41 AM
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
D'you think I could just copy/paste everyone else's faves? There are way to many to count and remember to mention.

I'll do a small mention here:
almost anything by ML Thompson, Sue S., Kathy B, Editor Jax, CarolM, LabRat, StopQuitDont and too many others I can't remember.

Maybe I'll come back later to update my list!

#161918 04/24/09 06:48 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
And, as egotistic as this sounds, I read mine again every once in a while -- and I'm usually impressed at how "better than I remembered" they are. Yes, I am vain. *shugs*
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. I'm not vain. There really are much better stories than mine. But I wrote what I wanted to see happen, so I guess it is natural that I should enjoy reading it.
I do that too . . . only when I re-read my stories, I tend to get ideas for re-writes.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#161919 04/24/09 08:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
@Bob: *sniffles* thank you for the mention!
/sends tight hugs.

I do that too . . . only when I re-read my stories, I tend to get ideas for re-writes.
LOL! Yeah, I get ideas like that too. In fact, I've actually rewritten one almost entirely... the one I never submitted to the archive -- I may eventually finish polishing it and submit it, too. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#161920 04/24/09 08:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There're many stories that I don't get tired of reading. These are some of them. The ones without links are nfics.

A Gift for Life by Stopquitdont and Jenni Debbage

Not a Day by Stopquitdont

Coming of Age by Stopquitdont

Faustian Bargain by Sue S.

The Next Step by Sue S.

Revisionist History by Sue s.

The Forgotten by Jenni Debbage

Cause and Effect by M.L.Thompson

Yellow Fever by M.L.Thompson

Field of Dreams by Caroline K.

Stardust by Caroline K.

Inside Out by EditorJax

Poison by Wendy Richards

The Long Road Home by Erin Klinger

... and a lot more. There're a ton of stories that I love and reread whenever I can. hyper

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#161921 04/24/09 11:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Aw, I feel so special to have gotten mentioned! (Especially since I have been kind of MIA on the writing side since September.)

And for those interested, I am planning to (finally) have the edited version of "Inside Out" sent to the archive in the next week or so. It's only been, um, two years. wink

I am hoping finishing the editing kicks me into writing mode. (Is there a crossing fingers emoticon?)

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard