Page 1 of 2 1 2
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, it's that time again. laugh

We've not had a bad year, so far, but now the upload queue is starting to look a little lean and we don't have an awful lot of stories currently being processed, so...

...if you have anything sitting on your hd drive that you may have forgotten about submitting or want to submit now, now would be the time to do it! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
You know, Rat, if you want to write something, one of us would happily GE it for you and send it right along to the archive.

Just a suggestion.

(Where's the emoticon for running away?!?) laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I second that idea, Editor Jax!

Mona

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Not a GE but I'd sure read it anyway...

Carol [who promises to search her HD later in an effort to avoid writing anything new...]

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've got about 8 stories that saw the message boards within the last couple of years but just haven't gotten around to sending them in yet.

I'll have to look into that, I guess.

Tank (who is notoriously lazy when it comes to actually doing something that he is not forced to do)

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I wrote a story a couple years ago for the fundraiser DVD called: If At First You Don't Succeed. I never sent it to the archives. Problem is, I don't have a copy of it to send to the archives. All I have is a webpage format from the DVD. So I'm not sure how to submit it.

On the other hand, because it has already been edited, you wouldn't need time to edit it again so it could be used to simply slip in at some point when you're looking for a story to post.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Er...well, you know I would, but unfortunately my Muse disappeared tragically some years ago while on a fact-finding mission in Bolivia. All that was ever found was an empty boat drifting down a stream and a half-eaten Mars bar... mecry

ML, I have a copy of the DVD, so I should be able to grab the story off of it. Thanks!

Looking forward to everyone else's! Tank, I was just about to send you an email nag. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Labrat, I've been (s-l-o-w-l-y) revising Without a Trace, and I think I'm far enough along to start posting it on the boards as soon as graduation is over (2 1/2 weeks). Then I'll get it sent to the archive, hopefully by the end of June.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good news, LabRat. CarolM graciously offered to send in Tank's "Lois Lane, Last Will and Testament" with our two endings attached. I've forwarded my bit to her.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
new ML fic, is that right? And what is this DVD thing?

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Sheila, Artemis and Carol. thumbsup

An old new ML fic, Sarah. <g> Written in 2006, but only available in a limited fashion. Not sure if it was ever posted on the mbs, even.

Every few years or so, we organise a fundraiser to support six or so LNC sites. These mbs, Annesplace and others. In 2006, for a minimum donation to the cause you would have been sent a DVD containing several original stories, music videos and artwork by various FoLCs.

There was a year's embargo on posting them elsewhere, but then many of them were posted to the mbs and, in the case of the stories, submitted to the Archive. Not all of them though. Quite a few are still outstanding. (You know who you are. devil )

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's amazing to me that we still average two new stories a week in a fandom for a series that's been out of production for over ten years. Kudos to all you talented writers and to the dedicated FoLCs who maintain the boards and the archives. I rediscovered the show two years ago and have gotten countless hours of entertainment from the archives. I bow in your general direction.
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

This *is* my happily ever after.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, HappyGirl. And, yes, it astonishes me too. I think I'm correct in saying that in the entire history of the Archive we haven't had a single week where we didn't have an upload.

That's an incredible achievement for a show that's been off air for so long and a testament to the talent and dedication of our FoLCs - both authors and readers who give them the feedback and inspiration to keep exploring the LNC world.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I just dusted off an nfic vignette from last year, took out a big pair of scissors and now I have a perfectly PG-rated story off to BR and hopefully the archives soon thereafter smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If I could ever generate enough motivation to send all the fics I have sitting on my hard drive that haven't been sent in yet we could have a 'Tank Week' of downloads.

Wouldn't that be fun? wink

Tank (who finds it 'inconvenient' to his lazy nature to actually send the fics in after they've been on the message boards)

LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't think we'd have any complaints, Tank! goofy

Thanks, Michael. I've put the welcome mat down outside the submissions folder, ready and waiting. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
As someone who doesn't normally read fics until they hit the archives, and who enjoys a good Tank fic, I've just got one thing to say: TANK, GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND GET THOSE FICS SUBMITTED. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I just sent in a short one.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, there's some of them. I have some more, but one of them is a Christmas fic, so I'll wait a bit. Maybe the next time Labby tells us we're running short.

Tank (who was able to send some fics off to the archives because he had to sit at home waiting on
his truck's brake job)

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, there's some of them.
Oh, goody, goody, goody.

ML wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard