Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Having an idea on how to approach things with my SG1/LnC crossover.

Need someone to do a little research for me.

Age and Rank analysis on the following individuals
LnC
Burton Newcomb
Jason Trask
George Thompson

SG1
.George Hammond
.(Friend of George Hammond that was in the episode where George was being blackmailed into retiring, don't remember what episode that was.
.Hank Landry

A Few Good Men
Nathan R. Jessup

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
SG1: Hammond was a lieutenant in 1969, which probably puts him about 20-25 years old at that time, making his birthyear possibly between 1942-1949. There isn't much background information on Landry, though. I'm not sure which friend you're talking about, but the episode was Chain Reaction.

(sources: http://www.stargatehandbook.org and http://gateworld.net)

I couldn't really tell you about LNC, except I'm guessing Trask was young in 1966.

Relative ages of the actors can be a good place to start:

Don S. Davis (Hammond): 1942
Beau Bridges (Landry): 1941

George Murdock (Newcomb): 1930
Terence Knox (Trask): 1946
Joseph Campanella (Thompson): 1927

Jack Nicholson (Jessup): 1937

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You'll probably find all you need to know on SG1 research at Gateworld , James. I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was they had detailed character bios.

The episode you're looking for is Chain Reaction from S4. I don't know which friend of Hammond you mean - he was replaced at the SGC by Major General Bauer, but I don't recall them being friends. But it's been a time since I watched that one, so I could easily have missed a reference. The other major players in the episode are Harry Maybourne and Senator Kinsey - wouldn't call either of them friends of Hammond either. laugh

According to Gateworld's review of CR, Hammond was a two-star general at the time of that episode.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you all for your help.

I may have a different episode in mind, but I remember George meeting with someone that was of a similar age in a park of some kind. Thought that was Chain Reaction... confused

Also, my post needed to be edited, and I swear I did edit it...must have been a really vivid dream!

Anyway, I was looking at 1976 for the time frame. SG1 characters wouldn't be affected and neither would AFGM, but LnC characters would be time shifted forward 10 years.

What I am looking for is if it was plausible that George or Landry would be a over Trask and Newcomb could be a good guy contact for George or Landry. Jessup would be in the boss over George or Landry.

Does that make sense without giving too much away?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Merriwether
Merriwether
It makes sense. It looks like Hammond was a 1st LT in 1969. With time in service plus the Vietnam war, he would most likely be a captain or major by '76. Same would probably go for Landry. By taking Terence Knox's age +10, if he were a commissioned officer, he'd only be a butter bar (LT) or a 1st LT. Of course, he could have been enlisted, which would still only put him somewhere between private and corporal. So yeah, it's conceivable.

With the age progression, the other characters would be about the same age as Hammond and Landry, maybe a few years older. So at most they'd have a rank above.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey - as a non-Stargate viewer, I hope that when you do your crossover, that you make things clear for the non-viewer too. Just my $0.02.
Thanks.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard