Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Why, when someone who is super AND has heat vision, don't they use said heat vision to melt the seam of the lead container together so the dang thing won't open???

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
If you mean, sealing the lid of the lead box so that the kryptonite radiation doesn't seep through... I think it's been done in The Parent Trap .

Nevertheless, it's a super cool idea! wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I remember Lois doing it at one point when both she and Clark are super.

Maybe the Girl Next Door?

Not sure...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, that was The Girl Next Door, which is an awesome fic.

What I'd like to see is a scenario where there's a lead-lined room, but instead of dashing in in his trademark heroic-but-stupid way "I'll save y--- ack! Kryptonite <thud>" SM takes the time to think about it, listens in, and maybe picks a corner of the room and starts getting rid of the lead, so he can peek in through the hole (think of Lois in the closet with the bullet holes at the Metro Club). And/or feel kryptonite twinges. You know, just for the unexpected change of pace.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

What I'd like to see is a scenario where there's a lead-lined room, but instead of dashing in in his trademark heroic-but-stupid way "I'll save y--- ack! Kryptonite <thud>" SM takes the time to think about it, listens in, and maybe picks a corner of the room and starts getting rid of the lead, so he can peek in through the hole (think of Lois in the closet with the bullet holes at the Metro Club). And/or feel kryptonite twinges. You know, just for the unexpected change of pace.

PJ
Or letting the bomb squad handle the bomb, or calling the cops...

Oh, wait - I wrote that. :rolleyes:

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, I just got to that section of TGND. Great scene.

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

PJ
There's something like that in my story California Cousin although the circumstances are a little different - there's someone on the inside carrying a transmitter who knows that L&C are listening.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush

Thank you for the kind words about that scene in TGND. That was my husband's idea - when I picked his brains for ideas on how to resolve the situation I'd put Lois in. It was so elegantly simple - and effective.

I'm glad you guys like the story. clap

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Have to admit that was the scene that spawned the post. I was reading your story and was thinking to myself, "Lois is right there! Just zap the thing!"

And then you had her do it. It was wonderful.

James

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I cant seem to find the story "The Girl Next door", does it still exist ?

Superman is what I can do, Clark is who I am.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here is the link.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard