Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi guys. wave

I was talking to one of L&C friends the other day and said I was preparing a story. Nothing big but enough to make at least 2/3 parts.

My friend told me perhaps it would be better to hold it up until the Kerths were done because people were busy reading and catching up for it. Perhaps the story wouldn't have as much FDK as it could because of it.

So my question is very simple.

What do you do when it's Kerth time?

*Read anything;

*Read only nominated stories;

*Read to nominate;

*Don't read at all.

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm moving your post in here, MD, because it's not been posted in the form of an actual poll.

Your friend probably has a point if FDK numbers are important to you when posting a story. Many FoLCs are kept busy reading the eligibles list at this time and focused on thinking about their noms and there are only so many reading hours in a day. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It depends on the reader and it depends on the year. Most years I'm in a hurry to catch up on my reading. During the nomination period I reread those that I tend to remember liking, knowing I can't read everything in time. During the voting period I read everything that's nominated, even though sometimes it's the second or third time through a story. But that's just because I have the memory of a tse tse fly.

Last year I was so bored because I really had read almost everything as it had been posted. Since nothing new was being posted that left my evenings with nothing better to do than to give a mani/pedicure to my neighbor's cat. It wasn't pretty.

My suggestion would be to post now for the readers who are ready to read now. But don't be insulted by lower amounts of feedback; it isn't personal. It's just the first three months of the year.

Elisabeth

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Elisabeth, I have a cat, and I can't imagine how you were able to do that! Any tips, lol?

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Top Banana
Top Banana
For what it's worth, this is what I'm doing during Kerth season. (My first ever!)

I'm reading as fast as I can to be ready when nominations open.

Then I plan to try to re-read everything that gets nominated from top to bottom.

As for new material, I am reading a few things but less than usual.

Finally I'm writing two short stand-alone pieces that I hope to post in Feb/Mar. I hope to come up with a short funny Valentines Day piece. The other is NOT funny (at least I hope not) and not at all like anything I've posted before. And, based on Elisabeth's post above, I won't be too worried about less-than-normal FDK.

Oh, and of course, that little side-activity called work. smile

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
----> Guilty of sidetracking thread <----

Having the memory of a tse tse fly I don't remember how successful I was at giving the neighbor's cat a mani/pedicure. I do, however, have a large scar across my left eye. huh

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
And has anybody else noticed how much feedback is going out for a Kerth season?

Elisabeth

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard