Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
So Queenie [hi Queenie!] and I were just talking about that first date. I said I thought Italian was canon then looked at the script and it said 'Fouquet Restaurant' which Queenie promptly informed me was French.

I thought for sure it was Italian but is that fanon [based on Clark's later 'you know what pasta does to me' statement] or canon? It's always possible that the script changed. I don't remember seeing a restaurant name or anything besides the cake and wine on the table etc. Or is it not Italian in fanon either wink ?

Anyone? Any thoughts?
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I checked and skipped through the episode a bit. The restaurant is never mentioned on screen but the place definitely didn't look Italian. More like a very generic restaurant.

Was the pasta-remark related to their first date? confused

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
No that was S4. Forget which ep it is, but the one with the surprise party where it's been 8 days and however many hours/minutes since... yeah. At the beginning they're walking towards the elevator and Clark says you know what pasta does to me and then heads off for a hospital grand opening in Australia or something.

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/nods/

I'd say it was just two unrelated things smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was a fanfic that named a restaurant that Lois and Clark frequented on their dates as Angelina's.

That very rapidly got absorbed into FoLKLore, with other authors using Angelina's apparently in the mistaken belief that it was canon and had been used in the show.

Perhaps that's partly where the Italian thing came from?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks Labby - that makes sense smile .

Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Originally posted by carolm:
No that was S4. Forget which ep it is, but the one with the surprise party where it's been 8 days and however many hours/minutes since... yeah.
= AKA Superman, ~.^

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard