Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: carolm Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/07/09 11:51 AM
So Queenie [hi Queenie!] and I were just talking about that first date. I said I thought Italian was canon then looked at the script and it said 'Fouquet Restaurant' which Queenie promptly informed me was French.

I thought for sure it was Italian but is that fanon [based on Clark's later 'you know what pasta does to me' statement] or canon? It's always possible that the script changed. I don't remember seeing a restaurant name or anything besides the cake and wine on the table etc. Or is it not Italian in fanon either wink ?

Anyone? Any thoughts?
Carol
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/07/09 12:05 PM
I checked and skipped through the episode a bit. The restaurant is never mentioned on screen but the place definitely didn't look Italian. More like a very generic restaurant.

Was the pasta-remark related to their first date? confused

Michael
Posted By: carolm Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/07/09 12:13 PM
No that was S4. Forget which ep it is, but the one with the surprise party where it's been 8 days and however many hours/minutes since... yeah. At the beginning they're walking towards the elevator and Clark says you know what pasta does to me and then heads off for a hospital grand opening in Australia or something.

Carol
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/07/09 12:23 PM
/nods/

I'd say it was just two unrelated things smile

Michael
Posted By: LabRat Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/07/09 05:07 PM
There was a fanfic that named a restaurant that Lois and Clark frequented on their dates as Angelina's.

That very rapidly got absorbed into FoLKLore, with other authors using Angelina's apparently in the mistaken belief that it was canon and had been used in the show.

Perhaps that's partly where the Italian thing came from?

LabRat smile
Posted By: carolm Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/08/09 08:05 AM
Thanks Labby - that makes sense smile .

Carol
Posted By: Lieta Re: Fanon v. Canon: That First Date - 01/08/09 08:33 AM
Originally posted by carolm:
No that was S4. Forget which ep it is, but the one with the surprise party where it's been 8 days and however many hours/minutes since... yeah.
= AKA Superman, ~.^
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards