Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#161144 12/13/08 10:22 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
...is (finally) on the archive. smile

(And while my master document is 1.6 MB, the text version is only 1013 kb - not even in the running for longest fic.) goofy

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#161145 12/13/08 04:35 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Yay! I forget, did you submit this for the Kerths the year it was published here on the boards? If not, it's got my nom for '09. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#161146 12/13/08 04:42 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Yay! I loved that fic =) It's one of my favorites... right up there with Cloud Nine =P

Sara "Lieta"
#161147 12/13/08 05:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I *love* this story. I'm re-reading it, in fact smile Which is taking all day, but that's okay because I only had about 14 other things I should have gotten done before now... wink And who needs sleep, anyhow?

Thanks for getting it on the archive, Janet. I've spotted a few changes, too; nice little tweaks. The only problem now is, I may have to re-print it, and it's really really long... laugh Worth it, though. So creative and emotionally satisfying, all the way through...

Have I mentioned that I love this story?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#161148 12/13/08 07:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay too! This is indeed a great story. I'm so glad you submitted it to the archive. I would have never known about it had not some other posters here on the MB's made comments about it (positive comments, to be sure!)

I agree, it deserves a Kerth!

#161149 12/16/08 03:20 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks, you guys. No, I haven't submitted it for Kerth consideration - it's too late now, isn't it?

Pam, I'm glad to finally get it up on the archive - it was always my intention, but I had trouble sticking with it while I was editing it. Somehow, having it finished meant my Muse would keep wandering off... I couldn't seem to go over more than a section or two at a time, with months between attempts. I have been curious, though, to see what you in particular thought of the changes I made. And I was impressed the first time you printed it - I mean, it's so long!

I'm glad you all liked it the first time around, and hope you like it even more now that I've tweaked a few things...

Thank you for your comments. They made my day. smile

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#161150 12/16/08 03:31 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Toc -

Unless you've made it eligible before, it's automatically eligible the year it's uploaded to the archive smile .

I enjoyed it as well though I haven't read the new version yet. Will once I finish the monster I'm working on...

Carol

#161151 12/16/08 03:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, I haven't submitted it for Kerth consideration - it's too late now, isn't it?
Hate to contradict you, but not only is it not too late to get it on the list, but it's already on the list. laugh Anything posted on the Archive before the end of the year is presumed eligible for the following Kerths -- the only exception would be if it had been previously eligible, or the author requested that it not be included. Anything posted anywhere (including here) before the end of the year can be eligible if the author requests it. For instance, I posted a story to the boards last summer, took forever to get it edited, and it will come out on the archive in January. But all I'll have to do is email the K-Com to get it on the official eligibles list. If I don't send that email, it'll be eligible for the following year.

In short, most of the stories on the list are placed there automatically without the authors having to do a thing -- well, other than submitting the story to the Archive. If it's on the Archive, it's on the list.

Janet, the things I've noticed have been small dialog additions, mostly. Like "not-too-similar and sidekick" (to avoid giving spoilers). smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard