Print Thread
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
razz weekend timeslot it's at). *raises hand way up*

--meclone2--

Merriwether
Merriwether
Sadly, I had to google "wisteria lane susan" to catch the joke. Ah, well.

Seriously twisted challenge, Tank, but it looks a *little* too easy! Funny ending, though, now that I've got the joke.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Someone on IRC had to tell me about the reference to some series called Desperate Housewives. Tank, if you're going to make clever references in a challenge fic, at least make sure that the person you're challenging knows what they refer to! goofy

Anyway... no doubt you think that this is diabolically clever. No doubt you imagine that I'm scratching my head in puzzlement, wondering how I'll resolve this fiendish set-up. Actually... you might or might not be right. wink No comment on that right now!

But this I do have to say...

You gave Lois long hair!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump

Wendy wink

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, good challenge. And too funny about including Teri's new show. Can't wait for Sunday to see it.

And I especially can't wait to see what Wendy will do with this one! You are very diabolical, Tank!

Kathy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank

A great challenge! smile1

Sorry, but I didn't pick up on any of the references to 'Desperate Housewives'. help

I can't wait to see how Wendy solves this. Thanks for sharing this challenge with us, Tank. clap

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to you??? Not only did you give Lois long hair, but you also gave Jimmy a heroic role, and you're giving Lois a child!! What is the world coming to?!? eek

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Kerth
Kerth
Innocent but evil laugh

Expecting your part Wendy!! goofy

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL Tank. I got to the part where you mention her long hair, and I paused, checked to see who the writer was, yep it's Tank. Then you mention the kid, again another pause, and I was like WTF is this the Wendy part?? But then you mention her new name and street. laugh nice tie-in

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
She raised her brow at his tumble of words. "Oh? Superman and you are going to put on a 24/7 watch over me?"

Clark frowned. "If we have to."
Awwww!!!!

She could see by the look on his face that she'd won. Unfortunately, she didn't feel like a winner.
Oh!!!! grumble I was trying to find Desperate Housewives in the TV Guide and I wasn't having any luck. frown Did I miss it?

Anyway...very clever, Tank and LOL at what Kae mentioned. I'm starting to wonder about you...or at least I'm wondering if you're all right, considering all I've heard about you. wink

Sara (who's looking forward to Wendy's response! laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
๐Ÿ†2024 Kerth Award Posts ๐Ÿ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, who are you and what did you do to TANK??! goofy

Great setup..over to you Wendy!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know Iโ€™m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: Iโ€™m trying to be nice.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm, if Tank made Jimmy the hero and gave Lois long hair and a kid, what is Wendy going to do? confused Give this story a TE? goofy

Great fun. I'm looking forward to see what you do with this, Wendy.

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Nice part, Tank! help

Can't wait to read Wendy's part!! hyper

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

EDIT

Oh!!! The title!!! Of course!!!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened TANK??!!?? WOW major 180 on your storylines here?? Is Wendy going to be expected to blow up the house and get the kid for you?

TEEEEEEJ

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank, this is really easy to get out of, are you slipping up in your retirement phase of life???

James

โ€œโ€ฆwith God everything is possible.โ€ Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! I didn't notice everything while reading, but like Kae said, what has the world come to?

You've never, ever missed out on an opportunity to give Lois a haircut, or give Jimmy some horrible fate! And the child... is this a punishment you put on Lois for growing her hair? goofy

What an evil tactic to distract Wendy. goofy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, I had to work late tonight so I just got online, and I see that Wendy has already posted her response. This comment is before I read that.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprized by how many people were unaware of 'Desperate Housewives'. Granted, some of you are from 'out of town' but the media blitz for the show is unrelenting. You can't be someone who has watched any television in the last few months and not seen the ads. Plus, TV Guide has been really pushing it.

So... for all of those gentle readers who were surprized by the long hair, and the kid. Hey, I'm constrained by the situation I'm presented. Teri's hair is currently long and straggly (looks terrible most of the time), and her character has a child.

So anyway, thanks to those who had fun with it. I guess I'd better check out what Wendy wrote in response... tomorrow.

Tank (who didn't feel that Jimmy was all that heroic, he only did what any resonably normal person would have done in the same situation... really)

Top Banana
Top Banana
You can't be someone who has watched any television in the last few months and not seen the ads. Plus, TV Guide has been really pushing it.
Except when you live in Europe, where Desperate Housewives has never even been heard of. wink

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol...I liked the DH reference... funny that it's going to be on on ABC on Sundays at 8... wink

Tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to you??? Not only did you give Lois long hair, but you also gave Jimmy a heroic role, and you're giving Lois a child!! What is the world coming to?!?
Ok...what's going to happen now? There has to have been sometime when those farfetched conditions had to be met before something happened... (ie...akin to hell freezing over wink )

anyone??? :p

-Breanna (who is happy to see that wendy thought along the exact same lines as her, regarding how to solve the challenge laugh )

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard