Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still working on it.

And still no sign of Batman in this story.

?!?!

...obviously, I'm doing something wrong! LOL

/joins Elisabeth and Bellarata in the rewrite wagon...

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No rewrites so far. But I'm looking at a probable four-parter (or I'm going to do it like Iolanthe, and post two LOOOOOOONG parts). Today I broke the 10k word glass ceiling eek And if I do the ending I intend, I won't get away without a sequel help Can't those characters never shut up? razz

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I too am doing some rewriting and some changes. It will about 3 parts and I am at 4000 word now.

You'll laugh, you cry, you'll probably send wildguy after me, but I will at least start posting this before the Jan 10 deadline.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY! I think I've heard from almost everyone on my list and all the ones I've heard from are going to be done on/near the deadline! More fic!!!

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks again to everyone who contacted me either via the boards or privately smile .

There's only a couple I haven't heard from at all. At least one of those I've not seen hide nor hair of on the boards either.

If I haven't heard from them here pretty quick, I'll likely see if someone else can jump in at the last minute smile . If anyone would like to volunteer, please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am working on mine, but honestly, I don't see why we need multiple e-mail reminders -- especially people who have done ficathons here in the past. I'm sure most people are working on theirs to make a good-faith effort to get them done on time.

It kind of sucks some of the fun out of it -- for me, at least -- to have it treated it like a school assignment, and be, for lack of a better word, nagged about something that is supposed to be for enjoyment.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Jenn -

Since your issue is with me personally and not Elisabeth, I'm taking this to email.

C

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by carolm:
Thanks again to everyone who contacted me either via the boards or privately smile .

There's only a couple I haven't heard from at all. At least one of those I've not seen hide nor hair of on the boards either.

If I haven't heard from them here pretty quick, I'll likely see if someone else can jump in at the last minute smile . If anyone would like to volunteer, please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone!!!

Carol
I can jump in, if you need me (if it's an 'easy' assignment, LOL)

and actually, I liked the reminder emails. If it weren't for them, I'd have done my usual and wait to the very last possible second to write my fic.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I did email you, Jenn, but I also wanted to say publicly [since you said it publicly] that I'm truly sorry you feel that way:(.

I was just trying to make sure everyone who worked hard on a fic for someone else got one in return and that I could find pinch hitters if needed so no one would be left out. The only people who got multiple emails from me were those people I never heard from [either here or through email].

That said, I can't wait to read what you've cooked up!

Carol

Features Writer
Features Writer
I want to say that my comment was not meant to be personal. Since I am not on Elisabeth's list, I have no clue how she handled the people she assigned stories to. My point is that once a person signs up for the ficathon -- which is voluntary -- they shouldn't need to check in.

I have never participated in a ficathon where we had to check in with the person who assigned the story, and when I co-ran the one on the nfic board, I never asked people to do that.

Posting on the board in the thread to remind the general writers that the deadline is approaching should be sufficient, especially around the holidays when people are juggling things and may not have the time to check in on whether they are working on their stories. Since we were asked when the assignments were sent out to tell you guys if we would have a problem finishing, I'd assume people would do that. It's nothing personal. I just don't appreciate seeing a post saying that my story is going to be given away because I haven't checked in -- even though I am working on it.

Jenn

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Jenn - Should I ever decide to try to coordinate a ficathon again, I will make certain not to send you more than the original email - however, my gut feeling is I don't need the grief of trying another one.

Intentional or not, it certainly feels personal but since you're taking it public, I will. *You* were the one who said she didn't get a fic last year. I would have thought that alone would indicate that not everyone does let the organizers know when they are unable to finish. Had you taken the time to type a quick 'I'm on it!' email response - you wouldn't have gotten anything else from me except a 'can't wait to read it'. It would have taken about ten seconds to let me know you were working on it and that would have been the end.

Yes, it's the holidays. Yes, people are busy. And that's probably why not everyone tells the coordinator/s that they won't be able to finish. I wanted to make sure no one else ended up without one like you [and possibly others] did last year or other times. Is a post on the boards enough? Maybe. But a number of the people I contacted haven't posted but maybe once or twice [I checked - and that does actually include you - there's only 3-4 posts from you but since you're a mod, I'd guess you're actually around a lot more than that] since assignments were sent out - it seems unlikely they would have seen it, but it is possible.

I'm sorry you're offended or feel nagged or like you're back in school and I've sucked the fun right out of it for you - that was not my intent and I'll be quite certain not to do that to you should I coordinate anything in the future that you choose to participate in.

Bella - I'm glad they were useful to you - thanks for offering but I think everyone on my end is covered. You might check with Elisabeth.

There is only one person I haven't heard from either publicly or privately and who hasn't posted but twice so I did ask someone else if they would mind to write that one. You know what? I hope that person gets two. I'd rather that than none - that's just the way I feel about it and why I did it.

I've said my piece, if you have anything else you'd like to say to me about it, please email me - I don't see myself responding publicly again.

Carol [who goes back to writing UP]

Kerth
Kerth
Gosh, I'm still struggling with one story. In order to make it work, I had to lower an old little story of mine to PG rating, translate a 24-page-sequel I only published on the German boards so far *and* I'm currently working on the sequel to the sequel as my ficathon assignment... dizzy

Right now, I'm waiting for my beta to return the translation to me so I can start posting. Maybe I'll have to post my actual ficathon story in two small parts because it might be Sunday before I'm done, though.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just a drive-by posting!

I am working on my fic and should be able to post it by/on the 10th. Not sure whether I'm going to have parts as of now, but either way, *something* will get put up. I had planned to be done by now, but things got sidetracked when I was asked to babysit my 4-month-old cousin for a week (overnights as well). Funny, this little guy doesn't much appreciate my desire to write wink

See ya'll real soon!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/dances looking forward to lotsa fic this weekend and into next week smile /

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Just wanted to send a little note of encouragement saying that I've really appreciated all of the fics that have been posted so far. I feel like a real ball-dropper that mine won't be going up until the last minute. I even had my beta send me an e-mail asking if she'd missed receiving the story. Ahem... She didn't. I haven't sent it yet.

But I got off-track. I was really saying how much I enjoyed reading all of the fics. You, as a group, have raised the bar this year.

Elisabeth

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But I got off-track. I was really saying how much I enjoyed reading all of the fics. You, as a group, have raised the bar this year.
I had intended posting something to this effect earlier, but got sidetracked with something else and promptly forgot.

It's been a delight to see the resurgence in fanfic in the Fanfic folder over Christmas. This ficathon has been a large part of that, but there have been many other great stories posted, too.

And it's also been terrific to see the upswing in fdk, with many of the fdk folders rising to double figures.

So, thank you, Carol, for all of your hard work in organising this, to the authors for keeping our favourite show alive and to the readers, for encouraging them all to do more.

Kudos!

thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks Labby!

Carol [dancing with all the new fic]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am terribly sick right now, but I definitely have something for my vic...author. but I won't be posting it by the 10th..

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I finished! hyper (minus edits after BR blush ) 5 parts... /wipes brow/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, everybody.

I just wanted to let you all know that it's my fault that LaraJoelleKent's story isn't posted yet. But I've got a good reason - my cousin (to whom I'm close to) is dying and is in hospice care at her home. And that home is next door to me, so my nursing skills have been frequently requested this past week.

Classicalla

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard