Hey all! It's that time of year again and since the holidays - at least here in the States - *officially* start tomorrow, it's time for the Holiday Ficathon sign-ups!

Elisabeth and I are going to co-coordinate that way we can both participate without knowing who our ficathon fic is coming from wink .

Rules for this year [stolen shamelessly - then slightly edited - from the rules last year which were probably snagged from the other thread where they were stolen from Wendy...]:
Rules for Writers:

Note that stories don't *have* to be Christmas stories. Unless the request you get states it specifically, of course. It would be fun if stories had a Holiday theme, but I'm not going to limit anyone's inspiration by requiring them to be centered around Christmas. Carol adds: If you have a holiday preference/non-preference either in the fic written for you or in what you'll write, please include it in your form

1. Sign ups end December 3th (that's a full week from now).

2. In order to sign up, email your completed form (located just a little further below) to carolmfolc@gmail.com with the subject "ficathon."

3. Assignments will be given out no later than Dec. 6.

4. Stories should be at least 750 words in length.

5. You can start posting your stories as soon as you're ready. You can post them yourself, just make sure posts are labeled "ficathon" so we can identify them - also don't forget to mention who the story is for, when you post it. *g* [Carol adds: include requests too smile . And if you don't want to post it yourself for some reason - yeah, don't know who might need someone else to post it for them wink /waves to Jessi/ - let me know.]

6. All stories should be posted before January 10th.

7. If your story is delayed - or if you find you won't be able to finish - you must let me know as soon as possible so we can find a pinch hitter.

8. If possible, have your story beta-read. These stories are meant as Christmas presents - the contents should be as appealing as the wrapping, I think. *g*

9. No character-bashing is allowed. Neither will deathfics. And we'll not be doing nfic either, because it would be really lame for someone to not be able to read the story written for them because they don't have access to that side of the boards...
Form:

Three things I want in my fic:

Preferred season(s)/holiday [if applicable]:

Three things I do not want in my fic:

I am willing to write:

I will not write:

Will I pinch hit: (meaning if someone does not complete their story or circumstances prevent them from finishing, will I volunteer to take on another story?)

I think that's everything... wink

We had 14 sign up last year - surely we can do that or more this year right?!?!

Happy Holidays!

Carol [who hopes she covered everything but is sure *someone* will let her know if she didn't...]