Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm caving, and I'm in, too, even though I told Elisabeth earlier tonight that I wasn't going to participate.
*giggles* I did exactly the same thing...

(and, uh, for what it's worth, I still feel horrible about last year, Jenn [no, people, it wasn't me who forgot her story... 'cept I was in charge last year... and I sucked at it pretty bad!])

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
I sucked at it pretty bad
Dirty bat liar. You did an awesome job.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - what Jenn said!

Carol [who would send out her assignments but fam is watching Home Alone and she doesn't want to dig out the pieces of paper so her DH can be like 'what're you doing?' and she didn't think to put the pairings in Word...]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm sending my salute to LaraMoon who did an awesome job last year. clap Look how I'm waving all five fingers. notworthy

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Assignments have been sent to:

Gr8Shades
SymbolicAngel
Mishmishat
Dandello
BJ
Lieta
Bobbart
Darth Michael
Olympe
Elisabeth
Coolgirl
Pam
EditorJax
Sapphire
Classicalla
Bellarata
LaraMoon

If you did not get an email from me, please let me know ASAP. The subject line will be 'Ficathon Assignment for [nick]'.

Elisabeth will post when she gets the rest out.

Thanks!
Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How many total did we get? I mean, I'm assuming the list that Carol posted was about 1/2 of them. Right?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I split them 10 and 10 iirc. Elisabeth got 3 more after that and I got 7.

At least that's the last number I got from her.

If you got a confirmation email from me but not an assignment you will likely get yours from Elisabeth sometime in the 24 hours or so smile .

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thud Wow, that's a lot. That's going to be a very busy January blush

Michael

PS: Got mine smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Got mine too. Erm, what if I don't like it? Do I get to throw it back and have another?

Didn't think so... will have to apply mind to lack of idea problem... dizzy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Hey, I got mine.......... last to join and one of the first to get assigned.

I haven't been online on these boards much lately, just an occasional peek in, but these past two days I've been popping in once in two or three hours...

And guess what? I owe it to Elisabeth. Thanks for bringing back the fun in the forum, both Elisabeth and CarolM! goofy

Oh, the NFanfic boards too seem to have been sadly neglected. Anybody wanting to revive it? I've been thinking of writing a NFic version also, of my story, if possible.

Oh, and gr8shades, hi!
Erm, what if I don't like it?
Hee Hee that's part of the fun.

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
gr8 laugh CG is right. Although I got lucky so far and always got nice ideas out of my assignments. You can do it :simle1:

Originally posted by coolgirl:
Oh, the NFanfic boards too seem to have been sadly neglected. Anybody wanting to revive it?
/points towards almost finished story as well FDK-threads mentioning several vignettes for 2009.../ blush
But you're quite right, it did slow down again after the Smut-month and the Smutathon.

I've been thinking of writing a NFic version also, of my story, if possible.
dance

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I'd love to read vignettes from you, Michael. :p

You write soooooo well, it's just that I've sadly been lacking time and will to get into longer stories right now.

I hope you don't mind when I say I haven't read either Fury or Dare past five or six parts... blush it's just that I haven't read anything that long for the past six months... including my novels!

So, start typing away! And fill the NFanfic forum with lots and lots of umm... err... stories! <What did you think I was gonna say?> wink

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by gr8shadesofElvis:
Got mine too. Erm, what if I don't like it? Do I get to throw it back and have another?

Didn't think so... will have to apply mind to lack of idea problem... dizzy
Why do I suddenly get the feeling you ended up with my request? wink

/goes hiding back in her cave.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
Why do I suddenly get the feeling you ended up with my request? wink

/goes hiding back in her cave.
Nope, not yours. Just a character I hadn't considered I'd have to write... hmmm... sad

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The rest of the assignments went out. Sorry I don't have time to make up a list for y'all but I have to scurry. If you were expecting an assignment and didn't get one, please let us know ASAP.

BTW, these will only be posted on the boards, so please let us know who you are posting for. Also include Ficathon in the title, "Ficathon: Ghost of Christmases Repeated 1/1". You are more than welcome to also post on the archives; I'm sure they would be much appreciated.

If you need a beta reader, check out the beta reader thread. If you don't normally beta but would be willing to do one just for the ficathon, post it here.

Thanks to all who are participating. Let the games begin!

Elisabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't mean to sound bitchy, but hey, I have rampant morning sickness, so ... I personally would suggest not making statements like this because whomever has your request -- or any request tagged with a negative comment -- is going to feel bad. I mean, when I saw this, I immediately thought oh crap, she must have mine, and I bet I am not the only one who thought that.

We each had our turn to request what we wanted for our own story, and by agreeing to participate, left ourselves open to writing something that could be outside the box. That's largely what the what I will write/won't write categories are for. I think that's part of the fun, myself!

And I can honestly say some of the requirements I was assigned are challenging, but I'm up for the challenge, and I hope everyone else is, too.

I look forward to seeing all the stories!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd love to read vignettes from you, Michael. :p
Thanks blush

You write soooooo well, it's just that I've sadly been lacking time and will to get into longer stories right now.

I hope you don't mind when I say I haven't read either Fury or Dare past five or six parts... blush it's just that I haven't read anything that long for the past six months... including my novels!
Oh, that's why. And here I was worried the angstier stuff in Fury got to you. /wipes brow/ So, thanks for reading and I just hope you will find some more time in the future. So little time for reading sure doesn't sound like fun. Oh, and stopping with Dare 6 was probably a wise idea considering what happened in part 7 wink

So, start typing away! And fill the NFanfic forum with lots and lots of umm... err... stories! <What did you think I was gonna say?> wink
blush notworthy

Originally posted by EditorJax:
I have rampant morning sickness
Congrats, Jenn!

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
Gosh, I got mine. And my first thought was, "How am I supposed to do this?" But, right now, I have a basic plotline in mind. Now to the details...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Got mine. Not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't that. Looks like it gives me plenty of scope for creativity, though. Not that I have any ideas yet. But I'll have to wait til after the college term ends, I think.

Congrats, Jenn!! Sympathies on the morning sickness, though; I hated that part. (Quote from early in my first pregnancy: "Am I going to feel this way for the next eight months?!?" "You could, yeah" "I'm gonna die") But no matter how it feels, it's unlikely to actually kill you wink so hang in there. It'll be worth it.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I sure look forward to reading all the awesome stories. And Jenn, I hope not only do you get an extra good fic to make up for last year but that you start to feel better soon as well. Congrats from me too btw on your pregnancy. smile

Mona

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard