Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey all! It's that time of year again and since the holidays - at least here in the States - *officially* start tomorrow, it's time for the Holiday Ficathon sign-ups!

Elisabeth and I are going to co-coordinate that way we can both participate without knowing who our ficathon fic is coming from wink .

Rules for this year [stolen shamelessly - then slightly edited - from the rules last year which were probably snagged from the other thread where they were stolen from Wendy...]:
Rules for Writers:

Note that stories don't *have* to be Christmas stories. Unless the request you get states it specifically, of course. It would be fun if stories had a Holiday theme, but I'm not going to limit anyone's inspiration by requiring them to be centered around Christmas. Carol adds: If you have a holiday preference/non-preference either in the fic written for you or in what you'll write, please include it in your form

1. Sign ups end December 3th (that's a full week from now).

2. In order to sign up, email your completed form (located just a little further below) to carolmfolc@gmail.com with the subject "ficathon."

3. Assignments will be given out no later than Dec. 6.

4. Stories should be at least 750 words in length.

5. You can start posting your stories as soon as you're ready. You can post them yourself, just make sure posts are labeled "ficathon" so we can identify them - also don't forget to mention who the story is for, when you post it. *g* [Carol adds: include requests too smile . And if you don't want to post it yourself for some reason - yeah, don't know who might need someone else to post it for them wink /waves to Jessi/ - let me know.]

6. All stories should be posted before January 10th.

7. If your story is delayed - or if you find you won't be able to finish - you must let me know as soon as possible so we can find a pinch hitter.

8. If possible, have your story beta-read. These stories are meant as Christmas presents - the contents should be as appealing as the wrapping, I think. *g*

9. No character-bashing is allowed. Neither will deathfics. And we'll not be doing nfic either, because it would be really lame for someone to not be able to read the story written for them because they don't have access to that side of the boards...
Form:

Three things I want in my fic:

Preferred season(s)/holiday [if applicable]:

Three things I do not want in my fic:

I am willing to write:

I will not write:

Will I pinch hit: (meaning if someone does not complete their story or circumstances prevent them from finishing, will I volunteer to take on another story?)

I think that's everything... wink

We had 14 sign up last year - surely we can do that or more this year right?!?!

Happy Holidays!

Carol [who hopes she covered everything but is sure *someone* will let her know if she didn't...]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just when I wanted to push the other thread up thumbsup

The form seems to have everything that's usually there. Now if I could just get enough braincells to wake up so they could actually create a collective and form a coherent thought dizzy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've decided to take the plunge and sign up! I've never participated in a challenge before and I'm a little nervous. Please, everyone, when the time comes, be gentle with the feedback. Thanks!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Got it! wave

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
We've got a few - who else is in?!?!

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I just sent out [very brief wink ] confirmation emails to those I've gotten sign ups from. If you did not get one, please let me know smile .

Three days left!
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
I just sent in my form. My comments would closely duplicate those of IolantheAlias above.

So far everything that I've written has been my own ravings. Working on a request will be an interesting challenge.

"Interesting" is such a versatile word. smile

Bob

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
My MIL used to use the word "interesting" when she didn't have anything nice to say but felt the need to say something nonetheless. (i.e. My that's an interesting hat you're wearing. Did you sew it yourself?)

Elisabeth
who can't wait for the assignments to go out thumbsup

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Come on - surely there's some more takers!

Carol

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
sent my form a while ago.. quite nervous to be honest too.. blush

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Sent out confirmations to everyone who has sent me one. A couple of people I sent another email to to verify usernames - just to make sure wink .

Signups officially end tomorrow night at midnight but, it'll be Thursday afternoon ET before I gets started on splitting them between me and Elisabeth so we can send out assignments Fri or Sat.

Thanks smile .
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
You'll be fine, mishmishat. 750 words isn't a long story.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Anybody else?

Come on! You know you wanna!!!
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The hallway was very narrow and I was walking by this topic and accidentally BUMPED it up to the top. Oops. blush Pardon me. Theoretically, it was an accident. laugh

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Lol, Elisabeth! wink I haven't signed up because I've been working on my Strong Medicine story and in the dark recesses of my flash drive, know there's still two L and C ones impatiently waiting me to come back to them.

I did want to say if anyone needs a beta or someone to bounce ideas off, I'd be happy to help. smile Also, if at the end of sign ups, there is an "odd" number of folcs participating,let me know and I'll join in. smile

Mona

Top Banana
Top Banana
Elizabeth, clean out your mailbox. goofy

Yes, I'm here. I'm just waiting for assignments to go out.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Are you going to post the final number of participants once the sign-up is closed?

Michael, who hopes the runner's total will beat the one from the Smutathon and we already had a dozen guys there cool

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks, Dandello. It's cleaned. I look forward to reading all of your fics.

Elisabeth
PS Smutathon? Is that like the mathathon they do to raise funds for children's cancer research. laugh

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I think we're up to 14 at the moment!!! WOOHOO!!!

That's officially. I haven't put mine in yet and Beth said she was going to get me one tonight and I think someone else did, too, but I can't remember who it is wink .

As I said before, signups officially end tonight, but it'll be 1pm ET or so before I get to go through them and get half sent to Elisabeth and work on getting my half back out so you really have until then. If you know you want to send one but won't have time until tomorrow night, let me know but that's about the latest we can push it and still get them out by the weekend.

Thanks all!
Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, lots of fics clap

Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Smutathon? Is that like the mathathon they do to raise funds for children's cancer research. laugh
Yes, sort of. Only with lots of naked LnCs laugh

Michael

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard