Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Anonpip's very cute and enjoyable short fics, got me wondering about when does everyone think Clark should have revealed himself to Lois? Or even if he should have at all? I am sure this has been posed before, possibly many a time, but thought might get some folcs posting and heck maybe even some new tales written! laugh

I am still of the mind that once he "heard" and/or saw Lois truly grieving for his death in TOGOM, he should have told her then and there. I wish he somehow had (yes there have been some great episode rewrites were he has or tried to anyway), done so before allowing himself to be "killed."

Mona

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
My biggest stickers are TOGoM and Top Copy....TOGoM for the same reasons as Zoar... Top Copy... the fact that they were considering dating by that point makes me feel like he should have told Lois the truth once the Diana Stride thing blew up.

I've also always hated how Tempus Fugitive ended... she knew! They had gotten through at least part of the ramifications! Then they erased it... for what... four episodes of dating angst and Scardino?

Sara "Lieta"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Moderator's note: This thread has been moved to fanfic related from fanfic. Questions regarding fic are best posted here.

Thanks!
Jenn

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Sorry about that, Jenn.

Mona

MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't know. How about... "Hi, my name is Clark Kent. But I'm thinking about taking on a secret identity. I'll leave giving him a name to you." laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I personally vote for All Shook Up, Foundling or Vatman.

In ASU Lois was Clark's happy thought.
In Foundling, it would have been easy to gently break it to her in his quest to get the globe back.
In Vatman, THE FACT THAT HE FORCED THE CLONE OFF LOIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BIG CLUE TO HER!!!!!

Sorry, but I can so get the intergalactically stupid part, not for Lois but the writers of the show... mad

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Since I'm watching All Shook Up closely to adapt it for a fic I'm writing... *bashes head on desk* so many little things... he sneezes and the taxi goes slams into a fire hydrant for one? And being found in a smoking crater and someone goes 'hey... you need to go eat!' not 'wow... could you possibly be Superman?'

I always get the feel that the episodes often stood alone too much... so Lois gets little hints but of course whoever was writing the next episode didn't know about those hints... so there is no chance for her to add them up...

Oh... and here's a line I actually plan on using at some point in the future:

Lois smiles, “You’re a strange one, Clark Kent.”

Clark’s smile falters fractionally, “Am I?”

Lois’ grin turns mischievously, “Yeah... but I think I’ve got you figured out...”

Clark’s eyes twinkle as he regards her, “Really?”

Lois leans forward, “Mm... hmm...”

“Didn’t take you long...”

“That’s my business, looking beyond the external...” she glances around the now empty newsroom. Clark just watches her. Lois smiles and leans forward, “So... how *did* you get that man out of the sewer?”
angel-devil

Sara "Lieta"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
As contraversial as it is, I was okay with Clark telling her just when he had planned to on the day he picked up the photo in her house and practiced telling her while she was getting ready for breakfast. At the very least he should have told her that his parents had been kidnapped to get to Superman, that he wanted to explain the whole thing to her but he didn't have the time and the emotional wherewithall since he needed to go take care of them. Then he would have had the perfect opportunity to tell her the whole thing after her parents were safe. At the very least she would know that he wanted to tell her.

Elisabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
When I read this question I was sure that I would find a good place in S1 but to my surprise, as much as I wanted them together and wanted Clark to come clean, there just wasn't a really good time for him to share the secret.

Finally I just have to vote for TOGoM. There were some minor opportunities before that but not telling her there was inexcusable. mad

Bob

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I agree with several things said... ideally I would agree with Clark... that he should only tell the woman he plans to spend his life with... which means that he should tell Lois right when he starts trying to...

However... letting Lois think he was *dead* well... I can't agree with that... and something about him not coming clean to Lois in Top Copy also bothers me... it's a much more blatant deception than the usual excuses...

I tend to think more in terms of when Lois should have caught him out rather than when he should or should not have told her too...

Sara "Lieta"
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Wow, lots of replies. smile From what I remember of "The Foundling" that might have been a most helpful time for Clark to have told her. I think when it all comes down to it, I still agree with Bob that it relaly was inexcusable the way Clark let Lois think he had died. In fact, as much as I think of Clark and lol as sometimes little (at least early on) that I thought of Lois, I have to say that his choice in TOGOM wasn't exactly very true to his character or supposed ethics.

He could have very easily, if nothing else,as Superman immediately gone back from Lois after his body was "dumped" and flew her to Smallville almost before she had time to protest. Heck, he coiuld have even (somehow) called M and J VERY quickly first to alert them and then gotten Lois. He simply should have told her.

Mona

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It's easy to think that Clark should have told Lois his secret in TOGOM, but that's because we already know how Lois felt about him. He didn't, and he certainly had no idea that it would be possible for Clark to come back from the dead. It would have meant his going to Lois as Superman and saying, "Hey, good news. Clark didn't die because I'm Clark. I hope that makes up for the fact that you won't ever see me again because I have to move away from everyone who knows me by sight and start a new life under a new name. I can still pop in and see you occasionally as Superman, but not very often since I won't be living in Metropolis. Alternately, I suppose I could just become Superman 24-7 and spend my time hanging around Metropolis in the blue suit and cape, but I don't want to put you in danger by linking you even more with Superman, so I won't be able to visit as Superman any more than I do now. Oh, and remember, you can't breathe a word of this to anyone and you still have to grieve for Clark publicly because my parents may be in danger if my secret gets out."

Yeah, I can really see Clark making that choice.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OTOH, if Clark had seen how torn up Lois was by his "death," he would have told her immediately. His empathy and compassion were too great to let her go on in such pain if he could stop it. Since ABC had no intention of letting Lois in on the secret, the writers wisely kept Superman away from Lois until he could bring Clark back to life for her.

As far as when the revelation should have occurred, I pretty much agree with Elisabeth.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard