It just dawned on me that this was loosely the subject of another fanfic, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Anyway...

Without giving too much away, how would Clark feel about the following.

A situation arises where Clark has no powers and the only way to stop someone is to kill them. Clark has really deep feeling for this person, but they have gone crazy and is about to kill some friends of his. He isn't close enough to physically stop her, but he does have the necessary tools to stop her long range. No finesse, like a bazooka instead of a small caliber gun. If he or someone else doesn't kill this person, that he loves, she will kill several of his closest friends.

In the above, it is Clark who does the killing. How will he feel nearly a year later, having traveled the world and wanting to settle down?

Situation 2, One of the close friends gets the upper hand and kills this other person before Clark has to.

Same questions.

Personally, in the first case, I think he would feel guilt ridden. Even after it is explained to him that he had no choice, he would still feel guilt ridden.

In the second case, I would think that he might find himself unable to forgive his one time close friend. At least for a long time, anyway.

Your Thoughts?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!