Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Don't you dare stop here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup , I don't have time to comment in detail, sorry. (Actually, I don't even have time to read, but for this story I make an exception).

~Julia wave

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am, once again, fading away from making sense. Took me much longer to read this part than it should have because of that. Still, I couldn't tear myself away to save it for later. So, you're going to have to make do with undervalued comments.

Basically, they go like this:

Awww, poor Clark. You're an idiot, but we love you anyway.

Go Cat! Pop up out of nowhere, prove your depth, and do good deeds! Nice! Good to see past the veneer.

<Hands Lois Investigator Of The Year Award> You figured it out! All of it! Wow! Woo-hoo!

<sees Lois's conclusion, takes back Investigator Of The Year Award. Is about to beat Lois over the head with it.>

Uh-oh. Crying over the pregnancy test. There's reason to cry either way, really, but why do I get the feeling it's positive?

<Waits to be sure. Doesn't want to beat Lois about the head if she's pregnant.>

So, when's part 8? I want to see more! I want to find out what happens! I want to see them talk things out! I want to find out if I can beat Lois about the head with an Investigator Of The Year award.

Very good start to fixing things, though. I guess you deserve the nice version of the FDK for the last part. Sorry I'm too tired to write it. Hey, at least I don't have to ask nicely to see part 7. wink

Paul

Edit: Forgot to mention... I'm not sure if it's a US/UK thing or just my engineering background, but I was surprised by your usage of "constrained." Although I did find that Webster's lists the secondary definition, it's not a meaning I can recall having seen ascribed to the word.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is the first I've been to this board in months and I just find this part and I'm hooked. I felt such pity for Clark and wanted to shake Lois and asks how she could be so cruel.

Can't wait for the next part.

Love Is the One Thing That Never Ends.
N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Have finally caught up with this fabulous story, and am now immensely spoiled that I was able to read seven whole parts without waiting. I was never any good at that waiting thing... wink

You have just the right amount of angst here; it's not over the top. And while it's true that a well-placed confession might untangle several of Lois and Clark's knots, the miscommunication never aggravates me as it does in a less skillfully written story. (And I'm pretty quick to aggravate in situations like that.) Your plot flows well and doesn't feel contrived at all.

I do have to agree with Paul that "constraint" threw me. It was the only time in the entire post that I went back and reread a sentence because that word doesn't seem to fit there. Maybe it is a UK/US thing... my American English wants to know if you meant "restraint" or simply "strain"?

And that being said... more please! smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for all the lovely comments! laugh

Julia, I really appreciate your taking the time, even just to say you don't have time for any more! It's great to know that people are reading and enjoying. smile

LOL, Paul! I'm afraid you're going to have to hang on to that award for a while, though, before finding out whether you can beat Lois with it or not. goofy

As for "constraint" - my US BR had no issue with it. I did wonder if I'm familiar with it from romance reading - especially historicals - but my husband says no, it's just not that common. So look on it as a chance to expand your vocabulary. wink

LoveIsForever and Noelle - welcome! smile I hope you enjoy the rest of it. LoveIsForever, I hope you found the rest of the parts - if not, they're linked from here: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000473

And thanks for the compliments, Noelle! blush I'm delighted to know that I've motivated the angst well enough.

Part 8 up soon.

Mere

A diabolically, fiendishly clever mind. Possibly someone evil enough to take over the world. CC Aiken, Can You Guess the Writer? challenge

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard