Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi all!

I'm looking for a specific fic that I read (at least) a couple years ago. I believe it was set in first season, H.G. Wells decides to head off all of the hastles and kinda tricks L&C into getting married, shortly after they met. :p They both thought that they were the witnesses, at first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Breanna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That should be First Night by Carol M. smile

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/waves frantically
then
/jumps up and down clapping hands

Someone's actually looking for a fic of mine?!

Yes. That sounds like First Night.

In the interests of full disclosure, however, I must warn you I cringe repeatedly when reading it... wink .

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks!

Don't worry Carol, I've read it before... and apparently my mind wants to read it again because I can't seem to get it out of my head. :p

-Breanna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm not sure I read that one.

Sounds like the next thing on my list.

James

EDIT!!!

thud Tell me it doesn't end there! (ok, I admit it, I accidently cheated and read the last paragraph first. Sue me.)

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
The sequel is Valley of the Shadow .

At one point there was a sequel to that planned but that was YEARS ago [though I did actually find part of it recently], but I think there's enough closure with VotS that it's not necessary like it was with FN.

Technically, FN is a sequel to Chris H's 'Baby I Hardly Knew You' which is no longer on the archive but is not necessary to read. There were a few minor changes to it and most of it is quoted in flashbacks so...

Carol [who went and reread the last para of FN and sees where James was coming from wink ]

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Technically, FN is a sequel to Chris H's 'Baby I Hardly Knew You' which is no longer on the archive but is not necessary to read. There were a few minor changes to it and most of it is quoted in flashbacks so...
Ok... *phew* I was wondering why I couldn't find the 'prequel' this morning... I can't remember if I had read it the first time or not. Do you know why it is no longer available? How long was it?

-Breanna

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Do you know why it is no longer available? How long was it?
The author was accused of plagiarism and found to have plagiarised some content of previous work. Her stories were removed from the Archive as a result as it was felt we couldn't take the risk that these had been fully or partly plagiarised also.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very little of BIHKY wasn't included - I think mainly Lois listening to a song at the end. Mainly as I'm not a big fan of songfic and that's essentially all that segment/flashback would have been. There were also enough minor changes [the gift exchange, calling Clark 'CJ' instead of 'Clark' and a couple other small things] to make it where you would still need the flashbacks, you know?

When the whole thing about Chris came out, I asked an admin [Pam?] and she said this particular story was not one of the ones that were being questioned but that all stories were being removed and that FN wasn't a problem at all.

I thought I had sent an updated file to Labby a long time ago with a revised A/N to clarify that, but it's quite possible I only thought about it smile .

When I read the fic, I thought it was just calling out for a sequel when they meet at the DP. Today, I would probably write my own 'prequel' through flashbacks or whatever, but this is actually the first fic I ever started and Chris was gracious with me and encouraged me to use hers as a jumping off point, approving all of the changes I wanted to make.

Thanks.
Carol

Columnist
Columnist
I have Baby, I Hardly New You on my harddrive. I keep all the stories I've read on my computer. If anyone wants to read it I can email it to you. I guess that is okay with the board?

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
*** Slight spoiler alert for anyone who hasn't read the sequel***

Carol... I loved First Night laugh (again) ... but personally, I couldn't bring myself to read the sequel (don't remember if I had read it before). I am not very good with WHAM's of that nature... mecry Poor L&C...

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Awww.

I'm glad you loved it and yes it is a hard WHAM to deal with, but I like to think they come through it stronger, but I do understand completely the reluctance to read.

I did recently find what I had of the third story in the series, but that was right as I had a huge hard drive crash and when life got too busy to write and I lost touch with the fandom for a while. Right now there's too many others in my queue, but it's always possible...

Thanks again!
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Please write it! I recently reread 'First Night', but didn't go on to the sequel (too whammy for my liking - I especially disliked Ellen in that story), but I'd love to read more!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Carol, I have read First night and Valley of the Shadow so many times! I'll be so happy to read more about your Clark and Lois! smile1

Simona smile
who is having a very hard time tiping with only her right hand, because her left hand (her writing hand!)is broken. mad

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/staggers and falls over

Wow. I cringe so much when I read that. /cringes just thinking about it

It was my first real not-to-avoid-schoolwork-so-writing-something-for-fun fic.

I didn't much like Ellen in that fic either, but there was an explanation in III iirc.

Tell you what... I'll add it to the queue...

OTOH, OTOH Sequel [Nano], The-fic-that-shall-remain-nameless-but-I-love [CANNOT wait to do that one if I can come up with a secondary A plot for it]. Then in no particular order: VotS sequel, a couple other OTOH spinoffs, Building a Life [Learning to Love sequel]...

And an 'Assignment' fic here and there. Hmm... haven't done one of those in a while, should ponder that tomorrow since I've made some real progress on OTOH this weekend.

Thanks so much you guys!
Carol

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard