Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160047 08/11/08 05:03 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Let's say that you were between 3 and 4 years of age when you first met someone. They save your life. Fifteen years later you meet them again, yet they are not only unchanged, but seem to be just a little bit younger.

Once they get over their concussion, they don't remember you, but you clearly remember them. They know nothing of time travel. And, you just happen to meet them again in an incredibly unlikely place.

Fifteen years ago, they didn't seem to be with the military. In the present, they are clearly with some kind of military organization.

And, you have a secret to hide from the world at large.

Do you call them by name? Do you try to hide who you are?

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since the first person was only little at the time of the first meeting they can certainly get away with the idea that they don't really remember the other person. (Gee, you kinda look like someone I met as a kid...)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
While I'm pretty sure that you'd remember someone who saved your life, even as a kid, I'm *really* not sure that a kid that young would be able to remember anyone this clearly. Unless they had a photograph of this person, which would definitely help...

I mean, I'm not exactly known for having the best memory ever, but for sure I can tell you that if I'd seen my kindergarten teacher again, 15 years later (and bear in mind I was 6, and spent an entire year in her class) I would not have recognized her at all -- even if she hadn't changed. I have no clear memories of her face, and I don't think I have for a very long time. I can't even recall what my best friend from back then looked like, though I still remember her name. So someone I might have seen ONCE, when I was 3 or 4,? There's no possible way I would recognize them.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto Lara.

But beyond that... Let's say you had exceptionally good recall. It is a significant event. You see this person again and you remember. But not everything is the same. The person looks younger than you remember. And there's an almost 20-year (15 plus a few) discrepancy.

I would assume it was a relative. A cousin, perhaps. Or, with a 20-year gap, just maybe a child.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I seem to have forgotten to mention that the someone was there for about a week.

And Clark distinctly remembers them as being an adult at the time.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Top Banana
Top Banana
In that case, Clark's best bet would be to simply act puzzled - 'Hey, you look a lot like so and so...' That is assuming he knows the average kid wouldn't remember much about the and incident so he shouldn't remember much.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard